Tuesday, January 19, 2010

:{Embellish}: Color Challenge

Yay, it's time for another awesome challenge!! This time we are creating with stripes. Stripes can sound boring until you take a peak at the scrumptious images (and pattern paper) that Embellish Magazine has so graciously provided for us and if that's not enough to get your creativity flowing wait till you see what the design team has come up with :)

Aren't these just gorgeous (colors and all)?!?


Okay. Now for my take on this challenge. The moment I saw the images I knew I wanted the stripes to be the focal point of my card. If you are acquainted at all with my style then you'll know that this for me was a difficult task because I am not used to creating with pattern paper. I shy away from adding *too* much embellishments to my cards, not because I don't like it but because it is not my forte. With all that being said here's my take on this challenge.

To create my pattern paper I used Faux Ribbon stamp set (Papertrey Ink). Then I stamped the image and sentiment (I used a pop up foam for the image). To finish it off I added a rhinestone and a scalloped border to balance all the edges.

I think over all it was a fun challenge. I hope you were inspired to create something for someone today :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Coffee bean (Martha Stewart), Kraft (PTI)
Stamps: PTI's Faux Ribbon, American Craft Majestic, Hampton Art Studio G (sentiment)
Ink: Versa Color boysenberry, Palette burnt umber, PTI's vintage cream
Other: rhinestone Studio 18, EK Success small scalloped border punch

9 comments:

Charlene Austin said...

GREAT card!! Your striped paper is incredible!

Vanessa said...

Super card, Jessica! Fab job with the stripes!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the striped paper, and the pretty little scallop at the top! Great job with the color challenge!

♥Lea

Laural-Lee said...

That is a very regal looking card Jessica.

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty and rich looking!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I love that paper you used and the faux ribbon stamp set is a perfect compliment without adding too much.

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is gorgeous Jessica!! Congratulations on your win for the last Embellish challenge! I don't know why they didn't ask you to be on the design team... you win a lot of their challenges! :) Someone likes you and your work! !! Well... other than me of course! Great card!

marianagrigsby said...

Beautiful card, Jessica! Thanks for playing along with us!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

You have such a great design style! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge again!