Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Day!!

Well I'm back and I'm sharing a few more cards but before I get to that I was so excited to see Nichole's sneak peek #3. Have you seen it yet? The reason I was so excited is because Dawn is releasing a set this month that apparently deals with numbers and I have been creating lately with numbers. So, needless to say I am thrilled and antsy to see what she has up her sleeve :) For now I'll share what I have. Shall we go to some of those number creations I was just mentioning?

My first card is probably one of my all time favorites because it has a sweet little bee. I love bugs especially bees (butterflies and dragonflies also). To create it I stamped "U, R" with my K & Company alphabet set then I stamped my #2 and "sweet" right over it. To finish I drew the little bee and swirl. I think is such a simple and fun design. I think I'll be making lots of these to give as sets.


My next card also uses a number as it's focal point. To create it I used a letter "U" chip board and with a felt marker traced it then added stckles and a brad for detail. It's all in the details, right? "Baby" and "xoxo" I hand wrote. I used a tracing wheel to create the faux stitch and lightly distressed with Noir by Palette. I adhered this panel to a raspberry fizz card.



Here's a little close up so you can see the pretty shimmer on the "U".


My last card is a bit different and does not involve a number. To create it I stamped the apple and colored it with Crayola color pencils ( love 'em ). I stamped the sentiment and then used my tracing wheel for a faux stitch. I adhered that to pure poppy. On my next panel I punched three little slits and wrapped my twine around I then adhered that to the actual card and used pop up dots to glue the apple panel.



Here's a close up so you can see a little better the sentiment and dimensions of the card.


There ya have it!! Hope you enjoyed the cards. I love creating each and everyone of them for the single purpose of inspiring you all.

Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for my announcement and giveaway coming very soon :)

**The cookies have been baked though not wrapped. Tomorrow I'll post them up and the yummy recipe.

Blessings,
Jessica

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ok, I`d love to bite into that apple! Love this card best - but they are all gorgeous! Super design!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Amy Heller said...

These are all so gorgeous!! I LOVE the bee one, too - that giant 2 and the UR font is so fab! Great job!

Brandi said...

Jessica,
Three cards in one post! WOW! They are all adorable!
Brandi

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Jessica! I love them all!

Winter said...

So cute! Love your handwriting too! :)

Tiffany Heilman said...

I just love all of these creations. They are clean and simple, and absolutely perfect. The bee is my favorite.

Laural-Lee said...

All of them are very cute! I especially like the bee.

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are all great Jessica! My Kwerner card reminds me a little of these. I am excited about Dawn's set too.. I can't wait to see it!

naomi chokr said...

love your use of the numbers!! your design is so original!!!!

AnitaRex said...

Jessica love your cards! Such good ideas with numbers! What is a sewing wheel? BTW Please check out my blog, there may be an award for you!

Anthonette said...

Wow, amazing cards, Jessica!!! I'm definitely going to have to make those tea biscuits.

~kelly marie~ said...

WOWZA! I love these cards! The number cards are so fab, and I love the apple! I love crayola colored pencils too! They are my fave! :)