Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moxie Fab World Challenge(s)

Have you read of the new column in Paper Crafts Magazine?? I think it's new look and columns are just totally fab :)

They are having a new challenge: Color Play and it will be hosted by Paper Crafts Magazine editor, Susan R. Opel. We'll be able to participate over at Moxie Fab World.

Here's this months Color Combo. When I first saw them I was like, how are you supposed to create something with that?!? Anyway, that's why it's called a challenge, right?

As usual by the time I was done with my creation I was in love with the colors. I would have never guessed these tones would work so beautifully together (I have to try them myself before coming to this conclusion not even the lovely samples Cath provided for us by some amazing designers was enough).

So without any further ado I introduce you to my extremely challenging card ;)

I had to hold the card so you could see the tiny heart that's inside the card. The image below shows the little piece of heart peaking through the window.

And this final image shows the inside of the card. I thought I'd tackle two challenges in one. Cath, over at Moxie Fab World is hosting yet another challenge. Start to Finish is a challenge where you have to create a card that is embellished on the outside as well as on the inside. For inspiration and details you can go here.


Thanks for visiting and hope you were inspired to create.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill Mystique, burnt sienna, PTI's summer sunrise, smokey purple
Stamps: PTI's mixed messages, quilter's sampler
Ink: Palette burnt sienna, PTI's vintage cream Ranger distress ink tea dye
Other: fine tip marker (faux stitches)

20 comments:

Amy Heller said...

Ooooh, Jessica!!! I love it!! So fab!!

Holly Smith said...

Hey Jess, I was bragging about your blog to my family earlier and they all LOVED it! God's blessed ya with some serious talent chica! Anyhow my blogs are just geting goin, but I'm excited. Feel free to check them out.

http://weightlosswunderland.blogspot.com/
http://wholyhealth.blogspot.com/

Blessings!

Laural-Lee said...

This is just wonderful Jessica. Love the faux stitching punch out. That sentiment is darling.

NinaB said...

This is so pretty. I love the quilt blocks.

Deanna said...

Beautiful jessica!

FabĂ­ola said...

Muita coisa linda por aqui!
Feliz 2010!
beijos

lynn said...

this is wonderful!

Tiffany Heilman said...

very cute card! I love what you did with the color combo and the small squares are lovely.

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is AWESOME Jessica!! I love it!! I thought the same thing about the colors and ended up loving them as well!!

Lea L. said...

This is freaking fabulous Jessica!! I love the cut-outs, and the cute patchwork feel of it! Just awesome! Great job with the Moxie Fab color challenge!

♥Lea

Vanessa said...

This is amazing! I think I`ll give up on these colors...I am experimenting for a week now - no chance to come up with something like you!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

Wow Jessica this is terrific!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your peeking heart and the patchwork "quilt". Beautiful.

Ramona said...

This card was made for me! I feel head over heels for it. Thank you for sharing! Awesome!

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for entering the Jan/Feb 2010 Color Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Smriti said...

Congratulations Jessica! That's such a creative card!

clouds shadler said...

Hi Jessica,

Just came by was of Ashley from A New Design...I really like yer blog, ur cards are gorgeous! I luv this one, so creative!

Clouds :D

Laural-Lee said...

Speaking of PaperCrafts...Congrats on your publication for the "Lone Evergreen" in the Stamp It! Mag. Stunning and simple.

Anthonette said...

Awesome! Congrats on the Moxie Fab win, Jessica!!!

Brandy J. said...

Brandy J. here for Cath! I just wanted to pop in and thank you for participating in the Card Creations: Start to Finish challenge. Check the Moxie Fab World blog tomorrow for the winners!