Sunday, January 24, 2010

Start To Finish Challenge

Cath over at Moxie Fab World has been hosting yet another challenge- The Start To Finish challenge. This one in particular involves a little more creativity. Not only do you need to create a pretty card in the outside but you have to decorate the inside as well. So this challenge is a double ;) The creations she posted to get our creative juices flowing are simply too scrumptious for words. So I highly encourage you to go check it out.

My card has a color scheme that was inspired by this weeks Tuesday Trigger.



To create it I used a 6" x 4" card base then I used a 4 1/4" square cut in half to create the triangle. The roof was decorated using 1" circles (cut in half) For this size card it too 20 circle punch outs. After adhering and distressing each one I trimmed the edges and cut out the door and window. I added some faux stitching for extra detail and a trim around the door. I lightly distressed all the edges for some depth and definition.

The inside was a lot simpler. I stamped the owl and cut out the wings and used some pop up tape. I also used my liquid emboss for the eyes. It makes them look so glossy and full of life, sort of ;)


Here's a closer look at the owl so you can see the eyes.



I distressed the edges and stamped a subtle background. I finished off with my sentiments and some more faux stitches to balance my design.

Have a super day!!

Blessings,
Jessica

13 comments:

Paloma Gomez said...

Wow!! Muy hermosa tu tarjeta, Me encanto!! Saludos

Amy Heller said...

A-dorable, Jessica!!! I love it! I found this one tough to tackle - but this is fabulous!

Deanna said...

Totally adorable! Love it!

Beth said...

Jessica! Your handiwork is amazing! I bet it is rewarding to see the finished product.

Laural-Lee said...

This is amazing and so cute!! Love the paper piercing for that little extra something. Just love it!!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Super cute and fun. Love the little owl inside the adorable house. Great job on the roof!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Adorable!!! I love the shape and the roof detail is perfect!

Ann said...

Oh my word, is this ever CUTE!!!

Cindy Lee said...

Oh WOW!! You are such talented cardmaker, Jessica!! I love this card so much!! This is going to be a winning card!

Michelle (mla1111) said...

This is so adorable! I LOVE it!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty! I love love love that house!

Brandy J. said...

You are a card-making machine! Thanks for playing along in the Moxie Fab World!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Adorable!! You are so good girl!!