Friday, January 15, 2010

Tuesday Trigger

This week seems to be challenge week for me. I haven't participated in some of these for months. I have missed them greatly and because of the lack of challenges in my crafty time my designs have struggled greatly. In other words I depend on these to keep my creativity fresh and flowing.

This week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World is a lovely Winter Cabbage brought to us by Regina Mangum. Isn't it just stunning??

When I first saw it I thought what can you create with such strong colors and what should the occasion be? Well, here's what I came up with.

I created a Sympathy card. These are no fun to create and it wasn't what I was going for but when I had finished my design I couldn't think of anything else but sympathy. The colors are rich and my inspiration came from the hues of the cabbage and the layers. That's why I partially cut out flowers from my cardstock. I added the green leaves simply to add some life to the dark tones.

Thanks for visiting and don't forget you have till Monday night for this challenge.

I'll be posting my give away in a couple of weeks so stay tuned for that!!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Eco white Paper Source, Deep Icy Indigo, PTI's Spring Moss
Stamps: PTI's mixed messages
Ink: Palette chartreuse, Adirondack lettuce, eggplant, Versa Color boysenberry, PTI's vintage cream
Other: craft knife, rhinestones

11 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Way pretty Jessica!

AnitaRex said...

What a pretty card! Really captures the triger! And your right it is no fun to make sympathy, it's always better to have it made before you need it!

Brandi said...

Jessica,
This is so gorgeous! I love how you blended the colors! What a great challenge photo for inspiration!
Brandi

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card Jessica, really captureds the essence of that trigger picture! Jo x

Laura O'Donnell said...

this came out great!

Meredith said...

This is so beautiful--wonderful job!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful... great job on the challenge!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is very pretty Jessica! I think it is perfect for a sympathy card!!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Your card is beautiful! I love what you did with the colors. XO

Cath said...

Wow, Jessica! What a moxie gorgeous approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)