Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tuesday Trigger

Hello everyone!!! First of all thanks for all your warm birthday wishes. You gals are the best :)

I’ve been meaning to post this a lot sooner but didn’t realize I had a retreat to go to :) Anyhow I hope your weekend has been good. Mine has been pretty hectic with preparations. It’s amazing how much time it can take to get a family of *only* three packed for a 4 day trip.


Amidst the chaos I wanted to stop and share quickly my take on this weeks trigger :) Tina submitted a lovely image. Don’t you just love it?! You have till tomorrow to give this a try. You can visit Cath, over at Moxie Fab World for details.



Now for my take on this challenge. What triggered my creativity was the colors and the homey appeal.




For this card I cut and scored my card to measure 4’ 1/4” and stamped a very subtle background for detail. I cut out a square in kraft and used my tracing wheel to create some faux stitches and distressed a bit using white ink. I mounted my squares and set aside. Then for the *boxed* 3-D house I stamped the little house using my versa color I cut out the image and using my craft knife I cut out the window.


What I love about this little house is the detail inside it. You can see them (a little) in this image.




I also stamped the inside and distressed a bit.



Tomorrow as well is the deadline for Start to Finish Moxie Fab World Challenge. So go check it out even if you don't get to submit you'll fall in love with the concept :)


Thanks for visiting and also for all your warm birthday wishes. You girls are awesome. I’ll be back soon with more cards and updates on my giveaway :)


Blessings,

Jessica

12 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh wow Jessica!! This is great!! I love it!

Vanessa said...

This is super! I love it!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Deanna said...

Beautiful Jessica!

Tammy said...

This is fantastic Jessica--I love the window!!

Laural-Lee said...

Oooh another cute card!!! Just love your style.

Ruby said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh so so pretty!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Beautiful card, I love those colors together!

Ann said...

Absolutely adorable!

Katherine said...

oh man! thats soooooooooooo cute!!!

Cindy Lee said...

This is PRETTY!! Love your style so much!!

Brandy J. said...

...another lovely card! Check the Moxie Fab World blog tomorrow for the winners!