Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Things I'm Just Loving!!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!! I just wanted to stop quickly to share another card I created using a number. Lately I find myself creating cards that either have a number on it or liquid glass or both. I have fallen in love with numbers because it makes very simple designs and the sentiments you can come up with are countless and the liquid glass makes a simple stamp look so classy- adding detail without distracting the design :)

For this particular card I thought I'd use black for my base (that's always difficult for me). I love this card because of the overly distressed edges it give it a roughness that is suitable for the sentiment.

Okay. To create it I first cut out 2 pieces of light pink cardstock. In the smaller piece I stamped my background (hearts) then I distressed with my palette Noir. That piece I adhered to the remaining pink cardstock and that I adhered to my base card (black). Then to create a focal point I used the scalloped frame and on it I stamped the #4 and wrote the rest-the little heart is also a stamp and to it I added liquid glass for some texture.

Here's a close up. If you notice the handwritten sentiment has a shimmer. I just wanted to add a bit of pizzaz with out making the card too busy. I always find my star dust pen to do the job. I just love it as I do my liquid glass ;) Have you noticed I've been using it {liquid glass} a lot lately? I've owned it for like a year and now is that I appreciate it. It's a bad habit of mine {grin}.


Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll get good lighting and'd be able to post the cards I created for the Embellish challenge and Raspberry Suite. It's been a long time since I've participated in either of those and am antsy to get back to them. They really help me keep my creativity flowing :)

Till then!!
Blessings,
Jessica

5 comments:

~kelly marie~ said...

VERY cool card! One of my fav valentine's I've seen! :)

Winter said...

So cute! I love the glass look! Can't wait to see your challenge cards! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Very nice Jess. Love the heart stamped background. When it comes to my supplies I'm the same. I seem to hoard it away and then it's months before I actually use it. It's a pain when I discover how usefull it is and then find out it's been discontinued.

You have beautiful handwriting.

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Jessica!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love it!! I was wondering what you meant by liquid glass... I have been using it a lot too. Mine is called glossy accents! Very cool card!