Monday, January 11, 2010

Valentine's Treat!!

So love is in the air... and I am loving it!! Nothing speaks Valentines more to me than sweet things. It could be anything from cute little notes to pretty socks and pj's especially, sweet treats. I know once christmas is done we all want to go to the tread mill (and trust me I've been on mine) but one little indulgence here and there is always permitted, right? I think the key is moderation ;) So I wanted to share with you all a recipe I found over the holidays while trying to prepare last minute gifts. Hope you enjoy it as much as my loved ones and friends did :)

Here's an image of how I packed these delightful little treats. I used one of my clear bags (the ones you use to pack cards) and placed 8 biscuits then sealed the little bag. Then I created a tag to make it look a bit more presentable. I cut out a 4" piece of dark chocolate cardstock and folded in half then using my scor-pal I traced 2 lines to add a bit of detail to my panel. Then I created my focal point by using stamps and a felt marker. To finish it off I used 2 rhinestones. Simple, quick and classy. Perfect for the holiday rush (I made mine for Christmas so I used a simple pattern only with suitable colors for the season).


You can make these cookies look more suitable for Valentines if you use pink powder sugar and/or maybe toss some heart shaped sprinkles into the bag.

Now for the recipe: CAUTION THESE ARE EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE ESPECIALLY IF CONSUMED WITH TEA

Key Lime White Chocolate Tea Biscuits
preheat oven to 350 bake for 10-12 minutes (when edges are lightly brown)

1 cup All Purpose unbleached flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cups butter room temperature ( I used All Natural Sweet Cream Salted Land Lakes Butter)
1 teaspoon grated lime zest (crucial)
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed key lime juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 cup white chocolate
1/4 cup macadamia nuts (optional)

Procedure:
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Cream butter, key lime juice, zest & vanilla until smooth.
3. Add dry mixture to the butter. Begin mixing on low and increase speed gradually. The mixture should be thick and look like dough. Fold in white chocolate and nuts.
4. Cover dough well and refrigerate for 45 minutes (this step is crucial).
5. Once the 45 minutes are done spoon dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I did tablespoon size.
6. Bake the cookies and let cool on the cookie sheet. Once cooled roll on powder sugar and enjoy.

That's the recipe simple enough, ay!! Let me know what you think about it when you try it :)

I'll be back in a few to post some more cards and to answer a few questions :) Stay tuned!! And yes there's still a giveaway coming soon!!

Till later ;)
Jessica

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Jessica,
Oh my goodness! These treats seem so yummy! My husband loves key lime pie so I bet he will love these. Thanks for the recipe! On a side note the treat bag is so cute!
Brandi

Winter said...

So cute and they look good! I have to try those out! :)

AnitaRex said...

Jessica those cookies look so yummy! Will have to try making them! Also love the way you packaged them! Also for the last post thanks for showing a pic of the tracing wheel, will have to get one of those! Thanks for sharing what you and your hubby do! So interesting and amazing! :>

~kelly marie~ said...

The cookies and pacakging look soooo good! Love it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love the packaging! You are going to get me on a number kick! I went through a similar kick a while back using some of letterpress type! I may have to break those out again! :)