Saturday, February 20, 2010

Celebrations!!

Happy Saturday!!!

This month there were over 6 birthdays between family and friends. Today I wanted to stop quickly and share one of the birthday cards I created. This one in particular was for a sweet friend of mine. I wanted to make it a bit more personal so I added her name to the card.


Here's a close up of the banner. I added some shimmer to the edges for some pizzaz ;)



Create It:

1. Cut and score a card to measure 4" x 6".

2. Stamp a border and distress edges lightly.

3. Stamp sentiment.

4. To create the banner I stamped polka dots in different colors then cut out a small triangle and used it as a template. Then I traced it and cut out one for each letter of the name.

5. I wrote each letter using a felt marker (grey).

6. Distress each triangle.

7. Cut a piece of string. I used baker twine in brown and white. I then taped each little triangle to it. Make sure you tape the name backwards *Y S L E H C*. That way when you flip it, it's properly placed ;)

8. Finish off by adding shimmer to the edges of each little triangle. I used star dust stickles.

There ya have it, a personalized birthday card. Pretty simple to create. Next time you have a birthday try giving this design a try. Let me know how it goes ;)

Before I leave I wanted to leave you with a sweet thought I found this morning:

"We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, 'Be still, and know that I am God'." {Psalm 46:10}

May this day be a moment of silence that brings you closer to Him. May His warmth comfort you and accompany you wherever you go today and always.

Blessings,
Jessica

9 comments:

Ann said...

What a fun banner--I love it! TFS the Bible verse, too...words for thought. :)

Courtney Baker said...

Way cute Jessica!

~amy~ said...

I love your banner card!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card Jessica! Love the verse too! Great reminder to take a break and just be still! :)

~kelly marie~ said...

Such a cute card! I love the personalization!

KAREN B. said...

Such a pretty card and wonderful instructions. So I do have to ask-can brown bakers twine be found anywhere? Like at a local super mart? I love the texture of it...

Vanessa said...

Love your banner! Cute card, the shimmer is perfect!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Cindy Lee said...

Cute lil banner card!!

Rose said...

What an adorable banner card! Love the string you used...so sweet! Thanks for sharing the step by step instructions!