Sunday, February 7, 2010

Creativity Amidst Confusion

Good morning!! How's your weekend so far? Mine has been great :) I always look forward to weekends especially Sundays because my little girl and I get to go to the *farmers market* one of the perks of living in central California ;)

On a different note.

A few days ago I was cleaning my craft table (you know how that goes) and I found a piece of butter tone cardstock. I saw it and thought, why on earth did I ever buy this interesting color? Maybe it was on sale or it came in a package. I don't know. The point is that it's on my table now and I can't just throw it away *here's where the title of my post comes in* Instead of finishing what I had started (cleaning my craft table) I sat down grabbed my acrylic block and ink... Do you ever do that?

Needles to say I went all the way till I finished this card:


I'm happy I found that butter tone cardstock because it made a great encouragement card.

If distraction means to stop for a moment and create something, then may you be distracted today :)

**Don't forget to stop by to participate in my Blogiversary Giveaway. All you have to do is answer a very simple question. You can go here for details**

Blessings,
Jessica

6 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Beautiful! Love the theory too!

Kelly Jo said...

i love that stamp set- beautiful use of that stamp!

Laural-Lee said...

I really like the butter tone cardstock. Wonderful stamping and very nice verse. This card inspires me to make a masculine type card with that bold brown and dark pearls.

Mary J said...

Hi Jessica - yes I know exactly what you mean! I have lots of stock that I look at and think "why on earth did I buy that?!" I love sitting down with an item and create something with it, but then I find hours have gone by! I love your card, it's simple but still so effective

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow! So beautiful! I love hearing about your process!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is stunning! I love it!