Yay!!! I'm back with a card I created for the EBTKS challenge. I haven't participated in one for a while. I tell you if I don't jot it down on my calendar it won't get done. Anyhow, I'm glad I got this one in :)
Here's the sketch. Pretty neat, huh.
Now for my creation... I know, my card doesn't look exactly like the sketch. When I was at the EBTKS blog I noticed the lovely day bed Kelly Marie used as an inspiration for this challenge and that's the image that stuck to my mind :)
Here's a side view so you can some details. I added shimmer to the dots and I popped up the two center squares.
1. Cut and score an A2 size card and set aside.
2. Cut 8 squares frames. I used my nestabilities.
3. Adhere to a separate piece of cardstock. Use foam tape for center squares. Distress edges lightly.
4. Adhere the finished piece to yet another piece of cardstock ( I used brown). I then cut 2 strips of aqua mist cardstock. I used them as borders.
5. Now you can adhere the finished piece to your panel card. I rounded the edges to soften all those sharp angles. Distress lightly all around.
6. Stamp sentiment across bottom and dots across the top and add shimmer.
7. Finish off by adding an embellishment. I chose a flower with a rhinestone.
Pretty simple once it's done ;) Hope you were inspired to create something.
Thanks for visiting.