Wednesday, February 24, 2010

EBTKS Challenge

Yay!!! I'm back with a card I created for the EBTKS challenge. I haven't participated in one for a while. I tell you if I don't jot it down on my calendar it won't get done. Anyhow, I'm glad I got this one in :)

Here's the sketch. Pretty neat, huh.


Now for my creation... I know, my card doesn't look exactly like the sketch. When I was at the EBTKS blog I noticed the lovely day bed Kelly Marie used as an inspiration for this challenge and that's the image that stuck to my mind :)


Here's a side view so you can some details. I added shimmer to the dots and I popped up the two center squares.


Create It:

1. Cut and score an A2 size card and set aside.

2. Cut 8 squares frames. I used my nestabilities.

3. Adhere to a separate piece of cardstock. Use foam tape for center squares. Distress edges lightly.

4. Adhere the finished piece to yet another piece of cardstock ( I used brown). I then cut 2 strips of aqua mist cardstock. I used them as borders.

5. Now you can adhere the finished piece to your panel card. I rounded the edges to soften all those sharp angles. Distress lightly all around.

6. Stamp sentiment across bottom and dots across the top and add shimmer.

7. Finish off by adding an embellishment. I chose a flower with a rhinestone.


Pretty simple once it's done ;) Hope you were inspired to create something.

Thanks for visiting.
Blessings,
Jessica

19 comments:

shelly said...

super card! very creative

KAREN B. said...

Oh how very cool, and once again, love your instructions! Such a soft touch by adding the flower, but I think with a different embellishment it would make a perfect masculine card as well.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh... I love it! Perfect card! Thanks for participating in our challenge! :)

Karen said...

Great take on the inspiration photo! Just love how graphic it is and that I keep looking at it over and again! :>

~kelly marie~ said...

Oh my goodness! It is perfect! I absolutely love it!

Thank you so much for playing along with ebtks!

Vanessa said...

Perfect card, Jessica!

Hugs,
Vanessa

clouds shadler said...

oh wow, what an awesome card, luv the design, right on with the sketch! cool!

Clouds :D

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Wow, Jessica, you captured the true spirit of the sketch. The card is beautiful!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is gorgeous! Love the shine!

whoistracy said...

This is beautiful Jessica! I love blue and brown together.

Tammy said...

Simply AWESOME!!

Courtney Baker said...

Jessica this is totally amazing! Genius girl!

Nancy said...

What a lovely interpretation on the sketch. Beautiful card and beautiful colors too!

Ann said...

You rocked this, Jessica! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Winter said...

WOW! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Firenze said...

What an awesome card! And I'm getting so much inspiration on your blog! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards

jen said...

This card is lovely! And congrats on your EBTKS win!! :)

Laural-Lee said...

This is a fantastic card Jessica and worthy of the win. I love the simple but chic design! Fantastic job! I don't know how I missed it when you posted it!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card came out sooo great!!! I love it. You did such a fantastic job. I wish I had known about this challenge earlier!