Thursday, February 4, 2010

:{Embellish}: Color Challenge

Happy Thursday girlie girls!! I am feeling so much better this morning. Runny nose and everything is gone just a nagging cough.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you'd like to see here on my blog this coming year. Sounds like tutorials are my next venture :)

Now for the fun, shall we? Ok Embellish Magazine has done it again~another awesome challenge. When I saw the colors I was like, for real?? How do you make these colors look *good* with ribbon? Well head over to Embellish Magazine's blog because there is some great inspiration to get you in a creative mode.



My approach to this challenge was to use balance. Which I think should be considered when creating any card/project. However, the balance I am referring to is more symmetrical. Lines and rounded corners turquoise ribbon with turquoise rhinestone, pink ribbon with pink rhinestone and so on.

And now for my creation.


I am so loving this card. And again these are colors and elements I would not in my wildest dream thought of using, and ribbon, what is that!?! If you follow my blog you may notice that I hardly ever use ribbon. Not because I don't like it but because I don't know how to use it without overdoing it. So this is a design I will use many times :)

So now that you've seen this card, why don't you try giving this challenge a try but hurry because today is the last day. I'll look for yours over at Mr. Linky's ;)

Don't forget to check out my sweet giveaway!! Go here for details and deadline :)

Blessings,
Jessica

16 comments:

Tracey said...

What a beauty!!! You do "balance" perfectly...something I have never thought of...thanks for the insight and inspiration!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute Jessica! Such nice pretty design work!

Ann said...

Beautiful, Jessica! I love the sentiment and bling!

KAREN said...

Cute clean simple and striking!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. The saying is soo true.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Another gorgeous card Jessica! I love it! So glad that you are feeling somewhat better!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Laura

Cindy Lee said...

This is beautiful, Jessica!! Love the sentiment!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

That is what I love about challenges, they encourage us to step outside our comfort zone! You did an awesome job! Love the rhinestones :)

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Great design, Jessica! Thanks for playing along with us!

travelingmama said...

This is just beautiful! Always so happy to see your lovely work!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

JUST beautiful. Simple and inspirational.

Charlene Austin said...

I so love it too!!! Your balance is perfection!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great design, Jessica! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

travelingmama said...

This is so elegant- so you!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!