Saturday, February 13, 2010

:{Embellish}: Color Challenge

It's here, another Embellish Magazine color challenge!!! I get so excited when these come around because they always inspire me. Have you tried them before? If not, I highly encourage you to especially since they have a prize ;) You can go here for details.

The colors this time are the following... the theme/element is "birthday".


When I saw these I was not too thrilled let me tell you. But the DT did such a fantastic job that I knew I had to give it a try :)

So for my creation. I did something a little different. I didn't have a big and bold birthday image (I specifically wanted a big cupcake). So I tried printing some yummy images but to my disappointment found out my printer is having issues. So what's a girl to do-don't have a stamp, can't print one... you paint one!!

And that's what I did :)


I took my water color paints out and stroked away till I was satisfied with the image. The result a jumbo, yummy hand painted cupcake. Not bad, for not having the proper elements, ay!! To finish off my card I went ahead and stamped the sentiment and added a mini embellishment on the upper left side of the card. I didn't want *dead* space so I simply cut out a strip of green cardstock (to balance the colors) rounded the corners, distressed and added a brown circle (punched out in a standard size whole punch) and I pierced it to make it simulate a little button.

Thanks for stopping by!! Hope you found a bit of inspiration. Now you can go ahead and give this a try ;)

Wanted to leave you with a sweet quote on Valentines weekend:

*When you're in love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams* Dr. Seuss

Have a lovely weekend!!
Blessings,
Jessica

13 comments:

Julie E said...

Adorable - I love the watercoloring!!!

Elaine said...

Oh, this is a fun card! Very cool idea!

Mary J said...

An original piece of art - fab! I agree with you - when I saw the colours I was put off, but I'm gonna give it a try like you!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This adorable! I love how you think outside of the box! You are so creative!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Well you took a bad situation and made it great! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

sarahmartina said...

You go girl! The craft is in your hands, not in those stamps! Way to turn lemons to lemonade! So glad you joined in on the Embellish challenge!

Mariana Grigsby said...

I definitely think your cupcake is wonderful! Love your card! So pretty!!!! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Challenge!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this card! So innovative to water color it! And your quote, one of my favs! Totally made me smile! :)

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Laura

Charlene Austin said...

Are you kidding me?? OH MY HOLY MOLY WOW!! You are brilliant and I absolutely love it. Seriously the cuteness is killing me!!! My b-day is in November....lol.

Anthonette said...

I love your painted cupcake! Very creative.

Cindy Lee said...

Oh wow!! What can I say?? You are just talented!! You inspired me to go out and buy me some water color paints :)

Brenda Weaver said...

I love your cupcake! So creative!