Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Song

Happy Tuesday!! Hope your week's going well. I just wanted to stop by quickly to share a whimsy Valentine's day card.


I recently bought Basic Grey's Birdie Trio stamp set and I'm so loving it.

Create It:

1. Cut and score base card to measure 6" x 4" and set aside.

2. Cut another piece of cardstock same color as base just a bit smaller (so you can layer it) and distress with white pigment ink. You might want to dry a bit with a heating gun so your color doesn't smear.

3. Stamp the birdie once with light pink and a second time using a darker pink. Cut out the wing to create a mini embellishment.

4. With a white gel pen draw two long legs. Adhere the birdie.

5. You can use any sentiment you'd like. I wasn't feeling any of my sentiments so I took my white gel pen and wrote this one. To go with it I also drew a couple music notes :)

You can add as much or as little as you want to this card. I thought of leaving mine clean and simple. It makes for easier and inexpensive mailing ;)

Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

9 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty Jessica!

AnitaRex said...

Such a cute card! Love the long legs!

Mary J said...

I love the simplicity of your card - it's perfect!

Laura O'Donnell said...

birdie looks great with your wonderful handwriting!

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute! Love that bird!

Cindy Lee said...

This is just too CUTE!!

Deanna said...

So cute Jessica!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Cute cute cute!!

Anthonette said...

This is SO adorable!

I'm so behind in checking out my fav blogs. Sorry to hear you and your daughter had the stomach flu. My household is full of sickies too. My son has some version of a stomach virus and my husband has a bad cold.