Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Mother's Heart

Happy day to all!! Lately I've been thinking a lot about motherhood. The challenges, the joys, the commitment and the solemness of the call. I feel this sacred burden on my shoulders. Everyday I wake up before anyone else does seeking counsel from on high pleading for guidance, wisdom and above all love. Then almost to soon to distinguish between the turmoil and quietness I sense as if it were a balm being poured down my very soul- I experience peace.

I thank God for allowing me to grow with my mother and also for allowing me to become one as well. There's nothing like the warmth of a mother's heart. It shatters away fear and it fulfills the yearning to belong. That quiet place of rest and of solemn beauty is worth more than the best piece an artist could every paint or the most lovely melody a composer could ever write. It's a knowledge that only one can hold and pass on it is the key a mother carries in her heart. That is love.

I created this card with some of these thoughts in mind. I stamped the sentiment inside.


Nothing like a good old fashion handmade *quilt* to express the love we have for our loved ones, ay!! I think I'll be sending this little one to my mommy as a *just because*. Perhaps you have someone in your life that can use a little *comfort* or has been one for you. Why not let them know?

Sending happy thoughts your way!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: kraft, PTI Raspberry Fiz, Paper Company off white
Stamps: PTI Quilter's Sampler
Ink: Palette burnt umber, Versa Mark water mark
Other: scallop scissors, felt markers, corner rounder, making memories mini button brads

10 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is perfect!

and I love your new avatar picture, too!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow fabulous and love the story too!

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Vanessa said...

This is fab! And I love your new photo - wow, your hair is so long!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Mary J said...

Oh wow, love those little cuties!! Adore that colour combination too!

Giselle said...

I love this..!! very inspiring.. :)

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous card and a wonderful story. Wow. Talk about pulling at heart strings. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Such a fantastic card, love those quilt squares!!

Ann said...

Such a sweet, pretty card! I love it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Gorgeous post and gorgeous card!! Absolutely gorgeous!