When I saw Nichole Heady's tutorial I was very inspired to try the emboss resist technique. I have never tried it before. It's very simple and it adds a special touch to your cards or any paper projects.
I love the subtle colors in this card though it was a bit hard to photograph :)
1. Cut your base cardstock (I'm using off white).
2. Punch a border around a second piece of cardstock and set aside. I used my EK Success scalloped border punch.
3. Cut yet another piece of off white cardstock (make sure the sizes are able to be layered).
Here you are going to first stamp your sentiment and little heart. Then stamp the ladybugs head and antennae. Then heat emboss the ladybugs body. After this you are going to stamp the *text* background ( I chose pink) and the ladybugs trail. Then distress all around.
4. Using my beloved tracing wheel create a faux stitch around to create a border.
5. Add embellishment. I used 2 heart shaped brads. You can use rhinestones or buttons.
6. Adhere all pieces and send to someone you love :)
You have till tomorrow morning to participate in this challenge. So hurry, hurry because they have an amazing prize package for a random winner :)
Thanks for visiting!!
**Don't forget to stop by to participate in my Blogiversary Giveaway. All you have to do is answer a very simple question. You can go here for details**
Have a great weekend!!