Saturday, February 13, 2010

PTI Flower {Embellishment} Challenge

The festivities continue over at Nichole's blog. Have you been following it? It's full of great inspiration, eye candy and contests. I haven't participated in every one of them, I admit. I do choose those that capture my attention. This one in particular really got me in a crafty mood :)

The contest was to create a sheet of flower embellies and create a card using one of them. How cool is that!! Ever since I began paper crafting one of the things I was known for was creating handmade embellies. So I couldn't pass this one by ;)

Here's my take on this lovely challenge:



To create the flower embellishments I used a flower stamp (the only one I possess). I stamped it 14 times 7 times in magenta and 7 times in orange. Then I took my scissors and cut and cut and cut. I popped up the smaller flower and either added a button or shimmer. The end result was so worth all that cutting :)

Here's a close up of the embellies.


Thanks for stopping by :)

Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

21 comments:

KAREN B. said...

So pretty! I can't beleive you own just one flower stamp!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your flowers nd especially LOVE that sentiment!

Tammy said...

These are so great Jessica. I only own one flower stamp too--about to order a set from PTI though--thanks for the great inspiration! I really like how you varied it with both button and glitter flower centres

Heather said...

Beautiful! I think all that cutting paid off. :D

shelly said...

very sweet embellies!! must of took you forever!

Deanna said...

Beautiful!

Pauline said...

Your flowers are beautiful, and I love your card!

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful Jessica. Love the glitter and the sentiment on your card is memorable.

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

I love the message of your card and the text style! The embellies have beautiful colors.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Lovely card and lovely embellishments! The colors look so pretty together!

NatQuebec said...

very nice flowers !

Courtney Baker said...

Love those girl!

Kate Lewis said...

Just beautiful! Love the colours!! K xx

~kelly marie~ said...

Those embellishments are so cool! I just love them! The happy spring colors make me smile!

LaVonne said...

Just found your blog! Love it!!!! :) I love paper crafts. But alas, all my stuff is at our home in Washington. So last night I downloaded a trial version of PSE to see if I like digiscrapping. So far, I love it! :)

My one BIG question is this: how do you find the time to do crafts? Bella, at this age (2) will not let me do things like this yet. I can't wait for the day we can do them together.

Blessings, Jessica!

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are gorgeous Jessica! Yes... so worth the cutting! Well... easy for me to say since I didn't do it but they sure are pretty! :)

Jenny said...

Love these sweetie! So pretty! :)

Kathy said...

These are just gorgeous, love the colours.
Kathy

Winter said...

How pretty! I love the little flowers! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great flowers embellishments!

Cindy Lee said...

So GORGEOUS!! Definitely worth the effort!