Friday, February 5, 2010

Simple Joys

It's Friday, yay!!! Any special plans for the weekend? I'll be home relaxing. My hubby was supposed to go away for the weekend but he canceled his meetings. So that is one huge reason to celebrate around here :)

I just want to stop quickly and share a card I created. I found the cutest stickers at my local craft store. I believe the brand is Hambly (I'll have to verify) anyhow, I love the images and colors so much. They have wood theme, butterflies and many others and they are very discreet (you can't really tell they're stickers).

For this card I used the owl from my Hambly sheet.


Create It:

1. I cut two strips of aqua mist cardstock and adhered them to both ends of the card.

2. I used my tracing wheel to create some faux stitching then with my white gel pen I traced that very line over.

3. I cut another piece of cardstock same as the color as my base card (kraft) and distressed it a bit with scissors.

4. I stamped the branch and placed my owl (which was taped to some kraft cardstock and then cut out in order to be able to pop it up).

5. I drew clouds on an old dictionary sheet and cut them out.

6. To finish my card I stamped the sentiment, rounded the corners and distressed all around.

There you have it friends a fun and fresh card. Pretty easy, huh?

Thanks for stopping by and...

**Don't forget to stop by to participate in my Blogiversary Giveaway. All you have to do is answer a very simple question. You can go here for details**

Have a great weekend!!
Blessings,
Jessica

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this card...so cute and simple!

alexandra s.m. said...

It's so adorable and I love the contrast of the clouds and the colors of the owl against the yummy kraft!
Thanks for explaining the process ;-)

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty Jessia! I love Hambly!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh so cute Jessica! I love that card! Love it!! Looks like a Hambly owl! I have some Hambly owl stickers too... need to pull them out! Actually... just looked at him.. I have that same sticker sheet. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather Jensen said...

How adorable is that little owl? Very cute!

Ann said...

Super cute! I love the colors and those text clouds!

KAREN said...

How very pretty, love that you layered the craft and I would never have known that was faux stitching. Cute and wonderful card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, stickers never looks so good. Love the clouds!

Karen said...

I'm all about the little things in life! :> Love the whimsy here, especially your clouds! :>

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this card!!! The text clouds! Are you kidding me?! Best idea ever!

Winter said...

Cute & Simple! I love it! :)

Deanna said...

Beautiful Jessica!

Ieva said...

So cute and beautiful!

misstreez said...

Great card design. Love the popped up elements. Very Nice.

Anthonette said...

Great colors and design! Totally love those clouds.