Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Challenges!!!


..::Disclaimer: This is a lengthy post so grab your favorite drink sit back and enjoy::..

For this post you gotta trust me but I'm not the kind of person to try to fit one card into more than one challenge. This one happens to fit three :) and it was one of those cards that everything just fell in place. Don't you just love it when that happens. I don't know but it might just have to do with the stamp set I used to create my card ;)

Cath's been hosting a Stamping challenge for a while in honor of the recently released Stamp-It magazine which is loaded with inspiration. I even managed to get a card published in there ;) If you haven't submitted for this challenge you have to hurry because it ends soon :) Go to Moxie Fab Olympics of Stamping to check out details.

Next challenge that my *hello* card fits in (and the main challenge I created it for) is EBTKS. This one is a fun monthly challenge that a group of talented ladies host. Anywhere you look you can find inspiration. Sometimes we need not look further than our very home. This is what this challenge is all about- finding inspiration right at home. This month is to create a card or scrapbook layout using fabric. I love fabric and it's versatility to create. So go give these gals a visit :)

Last but certainly not the least is Trigger Tuesday also hosted by Cath over at Moxie Fab World. Every Tuesday she selects a image (anyone can submit) and invites us to create a card or project inspired by that image. Go check out the details for this weeks Trigger brought to us by Kim Wilson. It's full of spring colors :)


Isn't it just lovely!?!


Okay, now that that's taken care of, shall we go to the card? I love, love, love this card. Not because of the actual design but because of the stamps I used. Do you recognize them?


If you said Courtney Baker's from Practicing Creativity You're Dandy stamp set, then you are absolutely correct. It was courtesy of my recent EBTKS Sketch Challenge win. I won her first two sets, the other was Key to my Heart (I haven't broken into that one yet). I am so loving this one. It is fun and whimsy and the possibilities endless. Oh, their quality is superb.

Create It:

1. Cut base card and score. Using your little rays from You're Dandy stamp set, stamp them alternating between the big and small image. Distress edges and create faux stitch using of course, the tracing wheel :) Set aside.

2. Using the little cloud from You're Dandy, stamp onto printed paper ( I used old dictionary pages). Distress lightly and adhere to you card. I used tiny glue dots and foam for the center one. I did this to create depth.

3. Stamp the super cute kite overlapping the cloud. Then stamped the kite again on a tiny piece of fabric. Cut out and adhered using foam tape. FYI the fabric was white, I stamped polka dots and tapped my pink ink pad over it :)

4. I then stamped the little bows under the kite. I added stickles for texture and focus.

5. I then placed my jumbo *sweet* foam sticker sentiment and finished off by stamping the words hello and friend.

Hope all this wasn't too overwhelming :)

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you where inspired to participate in these challenges or simply create something sweet for a loved one or someone who might be in need of a little lift :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white
Stamps: Practicing Creativity You're Dandy, PTI's papertrey ink, Hero Arts friendship message
Ink: Palette burnt umber, chartreuse, water lily, orangerie, raw sienna, Memento rose bud, angel pink
Other: tracing wheel, dictionary pages, fabric, distressing tool, stickles, ATD serenity sticker

15 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Jessica I have completely fallen in love with your card. Please tell me you are on Flickr! I think you just made my day! And so glad you got the stamps so quickly!

LaVonne said...

Love it! The dictionary pages are such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Julie E said...

Soooo SWEET! I love how you incorporated the rays and those clouds are so fun!
PS Happy to see you won EBTKS too!

AnitaRex said...

Such a cute card! Love the colors and the distressing, and the kite is perfect!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love this card too! Super cute and great use of the trigger inspiration.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Sweet indeed!! This is soooooo FANTABULOUS!! love, love, LOVE this!!

Brandi said...

Jessica,
What a great card! I love the way you used Courtney's new stamp set!
Brandi

Brenda Weaver said...

I love the way you used the rays from the stamp set. Brilliant! This is such a fun card. love it!

Paloma Gomez said...

Wow!! Me encanto esta tarjeta, es tan dulce y alegre!! Felicidades por tu talento!!

Cindy Lee said...

GOSH! I love everything about this card!! The way you stamp the rays are genius!

Winter said...

What a great card! I love, love, love it! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks also for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

What an AWESOME card! How did I miss this post? Love this Jessica!

alisa said...

oo I love it! You are so talented... I know who to go to whenever I get married for design stuff lol.. God bless you guys! I want to see you all soon its been sooo long!