..::Disclaimer: This is a lengthy post so grab your favorite drink sit back and enjoy::..
For this post you gotta trust me but I'm not the kind of person to try to fit one card into more than one challenge. This one happens to fit three :) and it was one of those cards that everything just fell in place. Don't you just love it when that happens. I don't know but it might just have to do with the stamp set I used to create my card ;)
Cath's been hosting a Stamping challenge for a while in honor of the recently released Stamp-It magazine which is loaded with inspiration. I even managed to get a card published in there ;) If you haven't submitted for this challenge you have to hurry because it ends soon :) Go to Moxie Fab Olympics of Stamping to check out details.
Next challenge that my *hello* card fits in (and the main challenge I created it for) is EBTKS. This one is a fun monthly challenge that a group of talented ladies host. Anywhere you look you can find inspiration. Sometimes we need not look further than our very home. This is what this challenge is all about- finding inspiration right at home. This month is to create a card or scrapbook layout using fabric. I love fabric and it's versatility to create. So go give these gals a visit :)
Last but certainly not the least is Trigger Tuesday also hosted by Cath over at Moxie Fab World. Every Tuesday she selects a image (anyone can submit) and invites us to create a card or project inspired by that image. Go check out the details for this weeks Trigger brought to us by Kim Wilson. It's full of spring colors :)
Isn't it just lovely!?!
Okay, now that that's taken care of, shall we go to the card? I love, love, love this card. Not because of the actual design but because of the stamps I used. Do you recognize them?
If you said Courtney Baker's from Practicing Creativity You're Dandy stamp set, then you are absolutely correct. It was courtesy of my recent EBTKS Sketch Challenge win. I won her first two sets, the other was Key to my Heart (I haven't broken into that one yet). I am so loving this one. It is fun and whimsy and the possibilities endless. Oh, their quality is superb.
1. Cut base card and score. Using your little rays from You're Dandy stamp set, stamp them alternating between the big and small image. Distress edges and create faux stitch using of course, the tracing wheel :) Set aside.
2. Using the little cloud from You're Dandy, stamp onto printed paper ( I used old dictionary pages). Distress lightly and adhere to you card. I used tiny glue dots and foam for the center one. I did this to create depth.
3. Stamp the super cute kite overlapping the cloud. Then stamped the kite again on a tiny piece of fabric. Cut out and adhered using foam tape. FYI the fabric was white, I stamped polka dots and tapped my pink ink pad over it :)
4. I then stamped the little bows under the kite. I added stickles for texture and focus.
5. I then placed my jumbo *sweet* foam sticker sentiment and finished off by stamping the words hello and friend.
Hope all this wasn't too overwhelming :)
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you where inspired to participate in these challenges or simply create something sweet for a loved one or someone who might be in need of a little lift :)
Cardstock: basic white
Stamps: Practicing Creativity You're Dandy, PTI's papertrey ink, Hero Arts friendship message
Ink: Palette burnt umber, chartreuse, water lily, orangerie, raw sienna, Memento rose bud, angel pink
Other: tracing wheel, dictionary pages, fabric, distressing tool, stickles, ATD serenity sticker