All right!! It's time for another Embellish Magazine color challenge. This time we are challenged to create a project with some specific colors but not only that we are to incorporate fabric as an element. How fun is that :) Go check them out here for details.
Are you ready for the colors? check them out!!
Uh-hum!!! They didn't inspire me at all. However, that's what challenges are for not to stress us out but to encourage the best creativity in us ;) So I decided to get crafty and this is what I came up with...
Needless to say I am thrilled with the potentials. This color combo proved to be doable ;) Here's a close up of my handmade fabric embellishment.
1. Cut and score a 4 1/2"x 3 1/2" card base. Draw a faux stitch around using a white gel pen. Set aside.
2. Using same color as base card cut an inch size strip of cardstock. Using color pencil trace lines in three colors (navy blue, red, green). Distress edges lightly. Set aside.
3. Cut a scalloped border again using same color as base card. Distress lightly. Adhere the scalloped border to your now striped strip of cardstock. Adhere the assembled piece to your base card.
4. Stamp a flower image on a piece of fabric and cut out. Using the ink pad color in the image. Cut another piece and place on the center of your flower (creates dimension) finish off by adding a red rhinestone (I also cut out a small leaf and followed the same procedure to color in). Adhere flower to your strip of cardstock.
5. Finish your card by adding a sentiment. I used some cork letter stickers (fun texture).
There you have it, a complete card ready to greet a friend :) Hope you where inspired to give this challenge a try.
Cardstock: The Paper Company kraft
Stamps: Hampton arts flower
Ink: Palette L'Amore, Martha Stewart's leaf bud (I used the inks to dab the fabric)
Other: scalloped scissors, rhinestone, Crayola color pencils, white gel pen, MM Chloe's Closet cork letters