Saturday, March 13, 2010

High Five!!!


Happy Sabbath!! That means happy day of rest ;) Weekends are great and they serve just for that to restore our energy. To be renewed in strength and above all in faith. How's your weekend going so far. Mine is delightful. The sun is shining bright, my hubby is home, my little girl is growing to be such a great little helper and we just got a puppy (we now own a maltipoo. I'll share some pictures soon). Is there anything I should be complaining about? Maybe, however I've chosen to focus on the good things life has to offer ;)

Now for a card.

This card would be great for a boy or a grown man. I think we all agree it's a tough challenge to create masculine cards. I love the dimensions in this card and the colors. One thing that makes it masculine is the lack of decorative detail. Notice I didn't say the lack of detail but *decorative* detail ;)

Create It

1. Cut and score a 4"x5" card. Tie a string (bakers twine) set aside.

2. Cut a another piece of cardstock and either impress the sentiment or like in my case add a rub-on sentiment. Adhere to the center of your card using foam tape.

3. Using my alphabet stamp set stamp the word *high* vertically. Stamp the number *5* right next to it. Cut close to the edges and distress gently. Finish off by adhering with foam tape.

Now this couldn't have been simpler. I really love this number stamp set. It's from Recollection. I bought it at Michael's for less than $5. That to me is a great buy. Have you created anything with numbers lately. I love to see what you've made. Feel free to leave a link in the comment box.

Have a lovely day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: watercolor paper rustic white
Stamps: Martha Stewart's alphabet, Recollections numbers
Ink: Martha Stewart's sea blue, Versa color mango
Other: Rub-on Heidi Swapp (I have to confirm), bakers twine (brown & white), foam tape, distress pad

14 comments:

Deanna said...

Stunning!

Amy Heller said...

Jessica, this is beautiful!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh i love this..great design!!

clouds shadler said...

Amazing Jessica, luv luv the modern and fresh look of the card, super fun!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Mary J said...

Love it! It is perfect for men - very contemporary!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the dimension of this card! Would be great for my 5 year old!!! The clean lines are great and the yellow is fabulous!

LaVonne said...

Happy Sabbath! Love the card. :)

Karen B. said...

I agree, masculine cards are difficult, but you make it look so easy!

AnitaRex said...

Such a great card! I actually kinda enjoy making manly cards! :>

Laura B. said...

love this! These numbers and letter stamps are great!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

In love with this! I have a thing for letter and number sets!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

LOVE love love this card! It is just perfect!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is so clever! I love it!

Winter said...

Oh, I love this! The graphic look is great! :)