Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lacy Days Challenge


Hi there!!! I haven't been around blog world for a while. I wasn't planning on being away for so long but we (husband and I) are still trying to juggle one computer not for long, I believe this week is when I get my computer. Can't wait!!

Ok. Now for the fun stuff :)

I created this card for the Lacy Days challenge over at Caardvarks. I have never participated in any of their challenges and I think I've only been to their site once needless to say that will all change from here on :)

Creating a card with lace does not come natural to me. For some reason the end result always looks blah and over done. However, when I found this tiny heirloom lace I knew I had to buy it and give it another try. That very same day I also bought that yummy floral ribbon (MM). Well, a year later I put it to good use :)

In this close up I just want you to see the butterfly and the shimmery swirl. I love the depth and detail :)


As far as creating more cards with lace, I think I'll leave it to the pros ;) Well that's it for now I'll be back tomorrow (Lord willing) with more inspiration.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white
Stamps: Inkadinkado, stampology
Ink: Martha Stewart's green, Palette burnt umber, water lily
Other: Lace (JoAnn's) Making Memories ribbon, platinum stickle (Ranger)

15 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

This is way gorgeous!

Linda W said...

hi.
Thanks so much for nice comment at my blog. what a delicat card you have made like the soft colores.
I just became one of your followers, so i pop back later.
hug:)

Heather Jensen said...

So so pretty! I think you did fabulous with the lace ribbon. I caould use it on every card...but that is just my style. :D

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great design! I love the color combo and all of the floral/flourish designs!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous, and the colors are fab!

Maile Belles said...

This is stunning and I love the color combo!

~amy~ said...

super stunning!!

Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Cindy Lee said...

So gorgeous!! Love the lace and the ribbon!

Amy said...

This card is so delicate and pretty!! I love the colors and those fabulous butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

A Frontier Woman said...

Simply put...beautiful!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Simply gorgeous!! Love this Jessica!

shelly said...

beautiful, love the colors

~kelly marie~ said...

WOWZA! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Winter said...

Beautiful! I love it! :)