Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lawn Fawn Sneak Peak Day 2

Did you enjoy yesterdays Sneak Peak? I certainly did :) The DT did a fantastic job with it. Sew Lovely is a fun set- a must for any stamper.

Okay how about for todays Sneak Peak? I am so excited about this preview. Critters in the 'Burbs is probably one of my favorites from this release. Probably because I love little creatures :)

My creation- a fun *park* scene. You know those early Spring days when everything starts to come alive, first thing you notice are the little squirrels playing and chasing one another. I love it :) Well that's where I got my inspiration for this card.



Create It:

1. Cut and score an A2 card. Using my ink pad I gently stroked it side ways. Till I achieved that rugged look. You can go lighter or darker. This was good for me.

2. Cut a strip of green cardstock to resemble grassy hill. I just took my scissors and cut freely. Distress edges and adhere the strip.

3. Then using a tracing wheel go all around the card and around your *hilly* strip. Set aside.

4. Stamp tree bark using versa mark onto a brown piece of cardstock. Cut and set aside. Next stamp the tree top. I stamped it on a white piece of paper. To create the pattern paper I used another Lawn Fawn Stamp set that hasn't been revealed ;) Cut your tree top and distress lightly. Now for the tire swing. I stamped yet another image from Critters of the 'Burbs- the little tire. After I stamped it on a black piece of cardstock I then cut and tie a piece of bakers twine. This you are going to adhere to the back of your tree top. Now your ready to assemble your little tree. Adhere bark and using foam tape adhere tree top.

5. The squirrels are the icing on the cake for this card. I love them. Ok. Stamp your tiny squirrel on a white piece of paper and color in. I used my good old fashion Crayola color pencils :) Then to create the other one I used what some call the mirror imaging effect. All this means is that I stamped the image onto vellum using my palette burnt umber ink and then quickly but carefully place over a white piece of paper. This will transfer the image and make it look the *other* way. Then color and cut both of your squirrels. Adhere your little critters using tiny glue dots.

6. The sentiment is courtesy of a bag I was going to trash. I bought these cardstock tags from the $1 bin in Michael's and the back was a sample of what's in the package. Well that's the part I ended up using :) You can add any sentiment even chipboard letters would work well with this design.

Overall this is a great card perfect for a Spring greeting.

Hope you found some inspiration here on my blog-o. When you get your sets do give this design a try :) I'd love to see what you all come up with :)

Remember to visit the rest of the Lawn Fawn Design Team. I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

Have a great weekend!!!

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white, PTI's spring moss, coffee bean
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the 'Burbs +
Ink: G studio aqua, palette burnt umber, adirondack lettuce
Other: tracing wheel, twine, color pencils, foam tape, mini glue dots

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Cute card, and great tip with the mirror imaging!

Courtney Baker said...

Jessica you've done it again! So way cute!

sarahmartina said...

You are SUCH an innovative card designer... I love how you think! Love it!

Julie E said...

Great idea for the sky!!! Perfect~

Brandi said...

Jessica,
So cute! Love the little critter hanging from the tire swing!
Brandi

Kelley Eubanks said...

Jessica... I love this! So cute!! Kelly Marie is a smart cookie for asking you! :)

Cindy Lee said...

You are uber talented! That's all I can say!

Mary J said...

Oh wow, Jessica - what a great card - your sewing is fab!

Heather said...

very cute! love those little squirrels. :D

Winter said...

So cute! I love all the ink distressing! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the squirrels! CUTE!

~kelly marie~ said...

Not only is this card crazy cute, you blew me away with your vellum idea! Can't wait to try it!