Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love Bird


Hi!! I wanted to stop by and share a Valentine's day card I never posted here on my blog-o. I made this one for one of my sisters and ended up sending her something totally different. Usually happens that way :)

I really like some of the elements of this card. Like the velvety ribbon and the word "love" with the tiny heart brad just puts a smile on my face when I see it. Another thing is the white border around each letter. I created it using my white gel pen. I'm sure it'll be fun to add some piercing to the white border as well or you can try different coordinating colors.

Little details like those make cards stand out. Try something new next time you create a card and see if you like it or not. Trust there are many cards that end up in the "never give this away" pile. But then again the point of creating is that there's no right or wrong and if you find something wrong then you can always renew, re shift your entire design patching a bit here cutting a bit there till your hearts content- that's true art :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's sweet blush, mm distressed brown
Stamps: wedding collection, G studio
InK: PTI's white
Other: creative cafe velvety ribbon, brad, foam tape

5 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

How cute. I love that large sentiment.

Brandi said...

Jessica,
Wow the little birdie pops right off the page!
Soooo Cute!
Brandi

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love this! :)

clouds shadler said...

such an awesome card Jessica~ I luv the cute lil birdie sitting on the letters! luv the colors too!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Mary J said...

Oh so lovely! The colours are just yum!