I've been wanting to create a card using the sewing machine from Lawn Fawn's sew lovely stamp set and I finally came up with something I was pleased with :)
When someone's under the weather I always want to create something bright, add a little sunshine to their weary, worn soul. This card I believe will do that to anyone who's despondent or just in need of a little *mend*.
1. Cut and score and A2 card base. Trace around (tracing wheel), distress edges lightly and set aside.
2. Cut a strip of your favorite pattern paper. I used a bright one so that it can contrast well against the aqua blue. Adhere the strip of pp to your base card. Place it a few cm off center to the top. Using your score-pal emboss two line to create a subtle border over and below the strip of pp. Add faux stitching.
3. Cut out a 3" oval and stamp your super cute sewing machine. Color with color pencils or whatever you use for coloring. Distress edges.
4. Stamp the sewing machine image again in a separate piece of cardstock color in and cut out. Set aside.
5. Punch two holes using a standard size hole punch on the sides of your oval Take a ribbon and *thread it* so that it goes through the back of your oval. Adhere at the back. To cover the little holes and to add some more detail place two brads in each little punch out.
6. Using foam tape adhere the sewing machine cut out. I love adding dimension to my projects.
7. Finish off by adding the sentiment. I kept it simple. I placed it right onto the base card :)
Thanks for dropping by. Have you created anything lately using Lawn Fawn Stamps. If you have leave me a link on the comments I'd love to see it :)
Have a great weekend!!
Cardstock: Bazzill aqua blue, pp we r memory keepers Marguerite
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Sew Lovely, PTI's Quilter's Sampler
Ink: Memento london fog, palette burnt umber, ranger tea dye
Other: tracing wheel, brads, satin ribbon, silver pen, color pencil