Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lawn Fawn Sneak Peak Day 1


Yay!!! It's time for Lawn Fawn's very first sneak peak. Are you excited?!? Let me tell you, Kelly Marie, Erica and Mike have outdone themselves with this company. You are in for some fun and inspiration. The stamps are amazing and the images are simply darling. Can't wait for you all to see them in it's entirety.

For this card I created a simple collage. The best part of it I'd say, is all the texture. There's felt, chipboard, thread and cork. That's a lot of texture :)

Create It:

1. Cut and score an A2 size card. Distress edges lightly.

2. With my nestibilities I cut two circles in different sizes. I stitched the smaller one with brown thread. Set aside.

3. Using my Lawn Fawn stamps I impressed my spool image twice on cork. I cut out the images and took some pink and orange thread and wrapped around each of my little spools. I adhered these to my felt circles.

4. Take your base card and adhere your newly created embellishment- a little off center to the right.

5. Place your chipboard letters a bit off center to the left (do not adhere). Make sure you mark it ( a tiny dot with a pencil will do). Now that you know where your chipboard letters are going to be placed remove them and stamp your sentiment. Then come back and place your letters :)

6. Finish off with a pierced strip of paper (if you have a ruler style strip of paper that'd be better ;) When you adhere it make sure you use the opposite side. So the effect (pierce) can be more pronounced.

There you have it!!! You can pair this with a homemade bag (can't wait to make one myself), any sewn project or you can simply drop it in the mail for a crafty friend :)

*Sew*, what do you think?

Don't forget to go visit the rest of the DT. They all have a project to share. How exciting :)








Thanks for stopping by. Come back tomorrow for another Lawn Fawn Sneak peak :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Sew Lovely
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: paper piercer, felt, cork sheet, chipboard letters Making Memories

17 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is awesome girl! I love it! Congrats again!! So happy for you! Hope you are feeling better!

Lea L. said...

This is So darling! I just love those cute spools of thread!! Great job! I can't wait to see the whole set!

♥Lea

Karen B. said...

I agree, the textures are the best on this card! The layout is lovely too.

clouds shadler said...

congrats Jessica! I luv that yer a Lawn Fawn lady, hehe~ yer card is gorgeous and I luv the scrap type layout of the card! so fun and I luv the sentiment!

Hugs
Clouds:D

Vanessa said...

This is adorable! Love your sweet card! Congrats again!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura O'Donnell said...

you wrapped the spools - love it!

de said...

AMAZING!

~amy~ said...

such the clever card...love it!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Jessica, this card is fun!!! I love all the details! TFS

Winter said...

Oh Jessica! I LOVE this card "sew" much! I have been looking for stamps like this, so I am so excited about getting these! :)

Michele Gross said...

OH! I love how you wrapped thread around the little spools! Clever!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

I just love this card. The spools and the funky sentiment are fabulous!

Cindy Lee said...

Wow!! This is super cute!! I really love this card a lot! Congrats on your DT gig! You did a great job!

Lisa H. said...

are you kidding me??? wow! this card is a knock out! LOVE those spools!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your post is so darn cute! Love this card!

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is so crazy cool! I love it!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute card and images!