Hello, hello!!! Hope you had a great weekend :) Mine was good... as usual it went by too fast. But that's ok because that means it's time for Lawn Fawn's 3rd sneak peak!!!
This set is super cute and versatile. I love the whimsy flowers. Aren't they just adorable? If you enjoy creating backgrounds then this is a set for you. With all the flowers you can create wonderful pattern paper and backgrounds. That's exactly what I chose to create for this sneak peak.
Here's a close up so you could see the detail on the flowers. I love how the shimmer looks in real life. It just adds the right amount of pizzaz :)
1. Cut and score an A2 card. Set aside.
2. Layer another card to go over your base card. Stamp away. I chose two of the many lovely flowers in this set. I stamped big flowers in row using split pea Versa color ink followed by the smaller flower. Repeat all the way. Alternating. If using pigment ink dry with heating tool to avoid smearing.
3. With a felt marker (brown) add random dots here and there. You can also use a single dot stamp. I just think it's easier to go with a marker :) With a pink marker add dots to the center of the small flower (pink).
4. Using a tracing wheel create a faux stitch around card panel. Distress lightly.
5. Using stickles trace each of your big (split pea) flowers. This will add a gentle touch of shimmer. While you're at it add some to your brown marker dots ;) Dry with a heating tool.
6. Cut an oval on your now pattern paper. Set aside.
7. On a separate piece of cardstock stamp tiny flowers and sentiment. Distress lightly around the image. Measure and adhere to the back of your *pattern paper*.
8. With my nestabilities oval and scalloped oval dies I cut out a frame to finish off my design. I also added mini rhinestones to my tiny super cute flowers.
9. Finish off by adhering the entire panel to your base card.
There you have it a complete card step by step. It is so simple. It seems complicated or a lot of hard work when you reading it but once you try it you'll realize it'll only take you about 10 minutes to create. So when you get this set make you you give this a try. I'm sure you'll come up with fantastic backgrounds and patter paper and who know what else. The sky is the limit when you use a little bit of imagination :)
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created.
Cardstock: PTI's spring moss, basic white
Stamps: Petite Florals
Ink: Versa Color split pea, cinnamon, Palette burnt umber, Ranger frayed burlap for distressing
Other: tracing wheel, stickles, rhinestones