Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stop!!!

Even if it's for a minute I enjoying stopping when I'm running errands with my little girl. She's inquisitive and I love that about her. She's also curious and admires the simplest things like a flowering bush by the car in the parking lot near Target or the translucent moon on a cloudless day. We stop... and soak it all in.

I never cease to marvel at the works of creation. It truly compels me to stop even if it's for a moment and thank Him (Jesus) the giver of all good things :)

This card was inspired by this very thought. Perhaps I'll save it and dedicate it to my little girl who invites me everyday to admire the beauty all around me.


I used some Lawn Fawn and Practicing Creativity goodness. Here you can see the extra layering I added to the tree. It looks fabulous in real life. The stop sign and the *click, smile* are rub-ons.


Thanks for coming by and hope you can stop even if it's for a minute to enjoy what's around you :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart's kraft, K&Company handmade adhesive paper pad (tree), farmers market collection
Stamps: Lawn Fawn critters of the 'burb, Practicing Creativity Your Dandy
Ink: Palette burnt umber, PTI's vintage cream
Other: Imaginisce Off the beaten path rub-ons (scooter vacation collection), tracing wheel, silver pen, leather piece of string

11 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

I LOVE what you did with the tree! Such a great idea!

Laura O'Donnell said...

very cute!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so cute, Jessica! I love your kraft base and how the colors pop off of it! :)

Laura.K said...

Lovely card, the craft paper make a lovely combination with the vivid colors.

Thanks for remembering about the little things and of the little wonders.

Marcy said...

Adorable card! I love the bright colors on the kraft background and how you paperpieced and layered the tree. Great reminder to take time & pay attention too!

clouds shadler said...

so adorable Jessica, I know what u mean about taking a break from the busy life and just breathe! I do it very often! ;o)

Hugs
Clouds :D

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute! I love this and your inspiration for it!

Vanessa said...

So cute!! And I love your story!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love the card... and your post is beautiful. Thanks for that reminder as well! :)

Cindy Lee said...

Such a beautiful post and a cute card! Thanks for sharing!

Winter said...

Cute card and thanks for the reminder! I just told my husband a couple of days ago, that we get SO busy that we don't notice the small stuff! Like how fast everything turned green around here! God is so good to us and we just need to appreciate it a little more! :)