Thursday, April 22, 2010

:{Embellish}: Color Challenge

Happy Thursday!!! Aren't you glad the end of the week is almost here? I wanted to pop in quickly to share with you all a card I created for the current Embellish Magazine Color challenge. These colors were a bit tricky to work with. I guess what was throwing me off was the kraft color. By the way, have you all purchased your Embellish e-Magazine. I cannot stress how lovely it is. It is full of amazing inspiration and at a low price you just can't go wrong. For more info you can go here.

Back to the challenge, here are the color palettes.

I think the party theme was what made it work in the end. Here's my take on it :)


It's a simple card that can be easily reproduced and can be used for anything whether it be a dinner invitation, graduates party, birthday, even a wedding (with a few alterations).

If you haven't participated yet I encourage you to so but, you've got to hurry because the deadline is today at 11:59pm. For details you can go here.

Have a lovely day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's black, kraft, basic white
Stamps: G studio, PTI's papertrey ink set, Stampology fine and dandy
Ink: Palette L'Amore, noir, versa mark
Others: white embossing powder, black satin ribbon, corner rounder, 1" circle punch, stickles

12 comments:

Angela Mclean said...

Very very pretty!
Angela xxx.

Brandi said...

Gorgeous girl! I would love to get an invitation in the mail like this one!
Brandi

Sabrina said...

I love it!!! It is absolutely beautiful. It is stunning.

AnitaRex said...

The flowers are soooo pretty! And the middle one looks amazing!

Laural-Lee said...

You did a wonderful elegant job with the colours. I too found it difficult. I found it tricky not to make it look tacky because it's such a powerful colour combo and then when you throw in something rustic like craft...yikes. By the end of it I was really enjoying the combo.

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful and elegant!

Laura O'Donnell said...

love it!

Ayana Posadas said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS work Jessica! I love your card and the way you added the flowers. So classy! :)

Tammy said...

Fab card Jessica!! I love the layout! I used that same flower stamp yesterday (check my post)--isin't great?! Love how you used it here!

BTW--in one of your old posts you mentioned a small wheel tool you use for piercing your paper to give the stitched look (without the thread). I've been looking high and low for one ever since--and today I FINALLY found one!! So great and easy to use. Just made a Father's Day card and used it--I'm about to post it!

Dawn said...

This is Fab! I love how you broke the panel with the strip of black and your choice of stamps. Perfection!

And thanks so much for the mention in your side bar. It was such a sweet surprise to see. ;o)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Fabulous card, Jessica! I love the stamped flowers!!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Cindy Lee said...

Stunning, elegant and gorgeous!!! Great work, Jessica!