Sunday, April 25, 2010

:{Embellish}: Color Challenge



Hi!!! Hope your weekend's been good. Mine was excellent. Weather was lovely and one can never complain when the sun's out. It was so lovely out that we even went to the beach ;)

Anyhow, I've been looking at the new Embellish Magazine color challenge and must say the colors are striking... oh and the images to showcase them are simply fabulous. They always do such a great job with them. Thanks McArthur!! Have you been inspired?

Well, for my take on this challenge. I decided to go way out of my comfort zone. I chose to create with bold colors. I always run to my neutrals and work my way around incorporating the colors (it's easier) this time I chose to start with the bold colors and incorporate the subtleness. Was it a challenge? You better believe it!! Did I enjoy it? I sure did :)

And now for the card...


Create It

1. Cut and score A2 card. Using jumbo scalloped border punch the end of card. Emboss. Cut a piece of cardstock and adhere behind scalloped. Set aside.

2. Stamp flowers and cut.

3. Draw triangles, stamp polka dots in different colors and cut. Distress using same color as dots.

4. Heat emboss sentiment. Place flowers and assemble banner.

5. Finish off by adding pink circle to flowers and punched leaves.

I personally like this card and it's a fun way to celebrate a spring anniversary :)

Hope you were inspired to give this challenge a try. If not maybe a the host of this color challenge (Practicing Creativity Designs) will. For details go here.

I'm off for now have a lovely day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill blue, green
Stamps: Practicing Creativity You're Dandy, Key to my Heart, Inkadinkado dots, Martha Stewart's alphabet
Ink: Versa Color cyan, pink, green palette raw sienna, versamark
Others: EK Success punch, leaf punch, standard circle punch, brads, strings, swiss dots emboss template, white emboss powder

15 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love your card, Jessica! The banner is so cute and I love the flowers!

Brandi said...

Jessica your baby banner is sooooo cute!
Brandi

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fabulous use of bold colors. Love your design.

Laural-Lee said...

Love the bold blue and the banner! I can't belief you cut out those dandy's Wow!!

Ann said...

Oooh, very pretty!

clouds shadler said...

Jessica this is so cute! I really like the the flowers, they are so cute! awesome job for going out of yer comfort zone!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Ayana Posadas said...

LOVE it! :)
I plan on entering this challenge too (hopefully), if I can get the time. But you did Awesome! Such a fun card. Love the embossing.

~kelly marie~ said...

This is adorable! I love it!

Lynn said...

Awesome card...love all the details!

Jessica T said...

WOW what an awesome card! I love the banner! and I love how you just went with the bold brights! You're so brave lol this challenge was way out of my comfort zone but I finally got it done. xx

Angela Mclean said...

Super CUTE!
Angela xxx.

Lynnette said...

I love this card. The banner, colors, it's all great!

Winter said...

What a sweet card! :)

Brenda Weaver said...

this card is so cute! I love the banner a lot!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Wonderful card, Jessica!