Monday, April 26, 2010

Get Sketchy Challenge

Happy Monday!!! Hope your week's had a positive jump start :) Mine is good. I have lots to accomplish and am so looking forward to it. My biggest item on my to-do list is prep for a community vegetarian cooking class. They are a lot of work but so fun. I'll be sure to take pics and post them :)

Anyway I just realized today is the last day for Moxie Fabs World Get Sketch Challenge. It's been a while since I've participated in one of her (Cath's) fabby (had to day it) challenges. This one seemed fun and different so I whipped up a little something.

Here it goes...

The challenge... to create a card using this sketch. Fun, huh??

My take on this challenge...


I just had to brake into this set. I love this little buggy. It's trendy, fun and versatile. What is there not to like about that?!?

Here's a close up of the buggy. I was hoping to get the "windshield". I used a plastic sheet with gloss and added glass like liquid to the "lights". The seat is made of felt.


I hope you were inspired. I know I was with this sketch. If you want to participate you have till mid night today :)

Thanks for visiting. Enjoy your day!!

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart's brown, off white
Stamps: PTI's Enjoy the Ride, Martha Stewart's alphabet, Impression Obsession woodgrain, inkadinkado polka dots
Ink: PTI's hawaiian shores, palette burnt umber, noir, versa mark
Others: tracing wheel, glitter, glue pen (to write "going"), silver pen, liquid glass, felt,

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh this is too cute! I love that sentiment. HAHA! Great work!

Laura O'Donnell said...

love it!

I didn't shop PTI quick enough and this set went out of stock. too cute!

Laural-Lee said...

So cute!!! I love your car detail with the seat, windshield and lights! So so so cute! Beautiful turquoise with brown.

~amy~ said...

sooooo darling!!!

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

So Cute! Love the colors...
And great use of the new PTI stamp set!

Cindy Lee said...

So cute! Looks like a winning card to me!

Vanessa said...

Aw, this is adorable! Love this cute card!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute!

jen said...

Super cute! The windshield detail is great! :) Congrats on the shout out from Cath!!!

Laurel said...

So cute!!! I love what you did with the car by adding a windshied and seat! Cute, Cute! I just broke out that set yesterday and made two cards with it. Couldn't put it down! just added you to my google reader although couldn't figure out for the life of me why you weren't already on there to begin with! :)

~kelly marie~ said...

Such a fun and cute card!! That buggy is adorable!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Just love this card, perfect little windshield and seat detail!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Super cute! I love this set! What a fun card!

Winter said...

Fun card! I love that little "bug" car! :)