Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Girl Thing


Good morning (afternoon). I have been working a lot lately with my Lawn Fawn stamps. Speaking of which there's another release coming real soon. Keep your eyes on Kelly's blog for details :) I can't say much but that the images are super cute. Can't wait for you all to see them :)

For todays card I used sew lovely. which happens to be a very girly stamp set :) Love it. I've seen so many of you using it and it's amazing how many fun designs can be created with the same stamps.

I kept it simple and I have to say I'm happy with the results. I couldn't get a close up shot at the details but if I can I'll do it. For example, the button looks so real. I added liquid glasslike embossing. The trims on the maiden form is not white but silver and the dress is full of shimmer.

I also did the inside:


Another thing I love about this set is how compatible it is with PTI's quilter's sampler sentiments. I colored the spool to match the outside (dark yellow and light blue).

Thanks for your warm welcome. It's good to be back :) I'm off for now but will be back later with a little treat for someone stay tuned to find out what ;)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewarts, basic grey (pp)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn's sew lovely, PTI's quilter's sampler
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: scor-pal, stickles, silver gel pen, markers, lace, ribbon

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

The color choice is simply amazing on this card.

AnitaRex said...

This card looks so amazing! Love the colors and the lace at the bottom! I hope you don't mind but I want to share with you something I do to get the glossy like effect, I use glossy accents by Ranger it comes in a bottle and is wet and all you do is apply it to the area and let dry! I think you would love it :>

Laural-Lee said...

Loving that pop of yellow and the scored frame. Must add Score Pal to list of tool needed/wanted. The glitter dress is devine and I love the decorated inside.

clouds shadler said...

very purty! I really like the soft colors and the glitter! cute!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Tammy said...

Love the lace trim on the bottom of the panel! Great accent!!

~amy~ said...

Oh my...sooo very fabbie...inside and out!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Gorgeous... I love that stamp set too! So glad that I bought it!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

These colors seem "complicated", but you managed to create a beautiful card!

~kelly marie~ said...

Another WOW! card! I love the straps you have the dress and the color scheme is fab! :)

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love, love, love this glittery dress form with the lace! fabulous job.