Friday, April 16, 2010

Key to My Heart


Hello. Today I am so excited to share a card I created using Courtney's Key to My Heart set. I've had this one for a few weeks now and every time I sit at my table I grab it and then put it down. I mean this set is so sweet I didn't want to rush the design. After so long I finally feel like I did justice to the lovely images :)

Create it

1. Cut and score an A2 size card. Stamp your background, distress edges and set aside.

2. Cut a strip of cardstock same color to divide the backgrounds. I added just for detail heart lace tape I colored it using the same dark tone pink as the hearts and lines.

3. Using nestabililities templates I cut out a scalloped oval stamp hearts all around, distress edges lightly and set aside. Then cut out oval and stamp the "key" and add sentiment. If using pigment ink you might want to dry a bit before stamping sentiment.

4. Assemble pieces and adhere. Finish off by adding brads (for detail).

A very simple and elegant design. I'm so glad I broke into this one I think you'll be seeing more Key to My heart in the near future :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's Sweet Blush, water color white
Stamps: Practicing Creativity Key to My Heart
Ink: Palette belle rose, versa mark, burnt umber
Other: paper lace, nestabilities, brads

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

oh this is sooo very sweet! Love the pale pink and all the hearts! happy friday!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I LOVE this! So so pretty!

Julie E said...

You definitely did this set justice! Gorgeous creation and I just love the way you created your own PP.

Karen B. said...

So soft and elegant and great design with Courtney's set.

Ayana Posadas said...

This is SUCH a pretty card, Jessica!
I love the soft colors and the design! Great work! :)

Laural-Lee said...

This is such a beautiful piece of art with this set! I'm glad you waited to use it to come up with something so splendid. This card is packed with stamping but not overdone in the least. I love what you did with the hearts on the scalloped oval.

Laura O'Donnell said...

you really used a lot of the images here. love it!

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is just so pretty! I love it!

clouds shadler said...

oh my, such cute card! luv the set and the soft pink color, very girly like!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is gorgeous! Definitely worth the wait! :)