Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thinking of You


Happy Day!!! It's always lovely to wake up and know that the weekend has arrived. The mornings for one thing are quiet and the atmosphere simply heavenly. Especially on a spring cool morning with the horizon boasting it's splendid colors- can't help but gasp, and soak it all in. As if in a trance I want to exclaim, thank you Father for all the good things you've created for my delight. Wouldn't you agree ?!?

I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy (safe) weekend. And while doing that leave you with a simple card I created.

**I haven't forgotten the little treat I have for a lucky someone** I 'll post it Monday so stay tuned for that :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's dark chocolate, The Paper Company off white, teal, October Afternoon (pp)
Stamps: Impression Obsession (woodgrain) hero arts cling butterflies, PTI's Faux Ribbon (sentiment)
Ink: palette burnt umber, Martha Stewart's leaf green
Others: recollection autumn pearls, Making Memories scalloped ribbon, tracing wheel

23 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is a gasp out loud kind of beautiful.

Julie E said...

I so agree with Karen B, this is stunning!

AnitaRex said...

Love this card Jessica! Love the colors and the way not both of the sides of the butterfly match! Too pretty!

Jacqueline said...

That is just beautiful!

MicheyMoo said...

This is truly gorgeous Jessica!! I love the colours and combos you've used and the paper piecing is sensational. xx

Lin said...

I love the way you pieced the butterfly! I never in a million years would have thought of doing it this way - so lovely! Thanks for the inspiration!

~amy~ said...

I simply adore your paper pieced butterfly!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is beautiful and inspirational! Happy spring, happy weekend! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Love the warmth of this card. It's like your thoughts for that person are a nice warm hug. Beautiful butterfly and inking. Love the pop of blue and of course that tracing wheel . It's lovely! Happy Spring.

Jill said...

This may be one of the most innovative and fun butterflies I've ever seen!! You are a genius! Love, love, LOVE your blog by the way! Am signing up to follow you immediately!! HUGS!

Laura.K said...

Lovely card, with a grate color combo. I love that butterfly.

Michelle said...

Thats a very pretty card, love the design:-)

Jenny said...

I agree!! And its been so nice this weekend here too. :) Very pretty card, love it!! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous design. Love the butterfly!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on being featured in Hero Arts Twitter! Love the butterfly you did... absolutely gorgeous!

Amanda said...

I gasped too! This is stunning.

Ann said...

GORGEOUS butterfly! Wow!

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love this card! Love the color combo and the paper pieced butterfly!

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous, Jessica! Hope your weekend was great!

Brandi said...

Jessica,
What a gorgeous butterfly! I love the different patterns for the wings! Superb! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. The hubby and I went to see a couple of movies followed with bowling.
Brandi

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I totally love this!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This card is amazing, perfect in every way, I will be studying it for a while:)! Thank you for the inspiration! Indicentally, I didn't know you lived in Northern Cal...I am just outside of Sacramento!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

I LOVE THIS! SO PRETTY!!!!