Friday, May 14, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge

Hi!! It's time for another Embellish Color challenge. This time we are invited to create a card/ project using the colors in this lovely image plus dimension (foam adhesive). The moment I saw the colors I new I wanted to create a masculine card. Especially with one of the next grand celebrations being father's day :)

Now for my little card...


My creation is simple and would work great not only for dad's but for a boys birthday. I created a different kind of trim hoping to create a masculine detail. I cut out a strip of cardstock and with a standard size hole punch I made created the fun border. I didn't want to leave the little holes empty so I pierced them for added detail. To balance the colors in the card I cut out a green and terra cotta extra fine strip of cardstock. The little boat was hand drawn.

Over all I am pleased with the design. The background as you can see is not the tidiest ;) Not because it's hard to stamp but because I was lazy and didn't remove the stains from my acrylic block, that impaired my vision and didn't allow me to align the images accordingly. Lesson learned? You bet :)

Thanks for coming by. Sorry for disappearing on you. I'm in the process of moving again. So I won't be here as often. But do know that I'm am still working on some fun projects :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's dark chocolate, terra cotta tile, aqua mist, Lime green from scrap stash
Stamps: PTI's Woodgrain, Martha Stewart's background, G Studio (sentiment)
Ink: Palette burnt umber, PTI's hawaiian shores
Other: hole punch, tracing wheel, brads, piercing tool, foam adhesive, pen, to write "father's"

19 comments:

Laurel said...

Love it. Love it. Hand drawn boat? That is awesome... I really think you should think about designing your own stamps!!! And I LOVE what you did with the aqua mist strip. Punching holes and paper piercing really is pretty clever. Looks like ribbon but it isn't.... Thanks for sharing. Love it and saving this card to use as inspiration...

Tammy said...

Fantabulous!! Love what you did with the colours!!

Kathy Martin said...

Great masculine card! LOVE that little sail boat! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Fantastic job with those colours. I love the background stamping even if it's not 'tidy'. Lovely trim.

clouds shadler said...

Wow Jessica, what a fun way to use the colors for a father's day card, coolness! I really like the little squares under the sentiment, such fun!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Karen B. said...

Love this, even your background!

travelingmama said...

Girl, you are rocking my world! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend! Hugs!!

Ann said...

Awesome guy card...always looking for new ideas for the men in my life!

Sheila said...

Lovely! me encanta tu tarjeta, de lo más elegante. Great job!

Jenna Wunderlich said...

you used the colours perfectly and that boat is awesome!

Kate Lewis said...

What a great man's card Jessica - love it!! Kate x

Lynnette said...

I think the card is awesome. Great card for a man.

Winter said...

Too cute! I love the look of the hole punches! Very clever! Hope the moving goes well! :)

Angela Mclean said...

FAB design.... super card!
Angela xxx.

~kelly marie~ said...

What a great guy card! The colors are fantastic!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is awesome Jessica... I love it!! Love all of your cards that i have 'missed'! Just caught up! :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful Father's Day card! I love all the details!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is so pretty. :)

Mary J said...

Gorgeous, Jessica! I love the border!