Thursday, May 27, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge

Hey there!!! It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been busy packing and getting ready to hit the road. I've missed visiting your creative blogs. Now that I'm almost finished I can get a bit crafty again :)

Speaking of which when I saw Embellish Magazine's color challenge I knew I had to create something. The colors are so inviting and the images they provided make it all the better.

Wouldn't you agree?!?

Now for my take on the challenge. When I distressed the edges with the black it gave my card sort of gloomy look. I wasn't too thrilled with it at first but I did, in a weird way, liked it. So instead of creating a wedding themed or just because card I made a "feel better" one. Which seemed to go well with the overall distribution of color :)


The green butterfly seemed like the perfect element for a get well card. Green besides luck is associated with hope :)

Create It

1. Cut and score an A2 card. Distress and create faux stitching. Set aside.

2. Stamp a background on a paper doily (I used woodgrain). Stamp sentiment and distress edges. Adhere to card.

3. Stamp butterfly onto green cardstock and cut out. Adhere onto doily.

4. Finish off by adding pearls.

There ya have it. Hope you give this challenge a try. Stay tuned for more creations and Lawn Fawn sneak peaks :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart's kraft, bazzill green moss
Stamps: Hero Arts clings, woodgrain impression obsession
Ink: Palette noir, liquid chalk cream
Other: tracing wheel, recollections pearls, doily

20 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

LOVE this, Jessica!
It came out so pretty!
I love the doily. :)

Laural-Lee said...

You went a great direction with this challenge Jess. I really like the white doily and the butterfly + green for hope. Beautiful card.

Laura O'Donnell said...

perfect color combo for a get well card!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! Beautiful butterfly and doily background! :)

Tammy said...

I'm seeing doillies everywhere lately--and you've used one SO well here! Like your black distressing too!

Courtney Baker said...

So lovely!

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous, Jessica! Love it!

Karen B. said...

So established and refined, Jessica! Love it.

Tessa Wise said...

Pretty card! I like how you stamped the doily with the woodgrain image... it gives it such a unique look! Great job with the challenge!

Heather said...

This is beautiful! Love the wood grain on the doily..I would have never thought of that. :)

travelingmama said...

This is beautiful! I love the doily!!

Jill said...

Oh my! This is breathtakingly beautiful!

Lin said...

Jessica, this takes my breath away! I adore it so much I want to run and case it immediately! Wonderful card!

Sabrina said...

Simply beautiful. A wonderful 'Get Well' card.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful design, Jessica! Thanks so much for joining us in the Embellish Butterflies Challenge!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Congrats on making the What's Hot list for this Challenge, such a pretty and "floaty" card!

Be(e) said...

Congrats on making it to the What's Hot list!! Well deserved!! Love the black distressing!

annieambriel said...

Your card is so pretty.. I love the simplicity and gorgeous-ity :D, Congrats!

paperella said...

Oh Jessica, this card is breathtaking! Love the look you achieved with the butterfly on green paper, so inspiring!

Laurel said...

Congrats girl! I loved this card when I first saw it and am not surprised in the least that it is featured on the Embellish Mag blog! Congrats, Congrats!!!