Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Day!!! How's your weekend been so far? Mine has been lovely... weekends are always great when the weather calls for flip flops, tees and pretty skits :)

My post will be short... I wanted to show you some (2) of the Mother's Day cards I created. I would've had more but had to mail them out :(

My first card uses the ever so trendy doily. I simply used a paper one and pierced it around. Then stamped the image and sentiment.

Here's a close up. I wanted you to see the shimmer on the sprig. It looks so pretty and delicate irl.
And on this image you see a close up of the embellie I used. I created this one using my EK Success butterfly punch. I punched out a butterfly in shimmer vellum and in raspberry faux suede. Then I bent a piece of wire and assembled them with a glue dot :) You can make them any size and color. they look so pretty.

The other card I wanted to share with you mainly uses You're Dandy. I made the base card a long time ago and wasn't certain where I wanted to go with it. So I set it aside. Does that ever happen to you? I came back to it on Friday and ended up making a mother's day card. I love it.

There you have two super simple designs that can be recreated in no time. Hope you enjoy the rest of the day.

Happy Mother's Day!!
Blessing's
Jessica

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

Both so beautiful and delicate, wonderful job!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling cards! Love the doily on the first! :)

naomi chokr said...

I love what you did with the doily!!!! So elegant and sweet. Genius too!!!! I would have never thought to stamp directly on it .....since I usually see it as a background or accent.

Happy mothers day!!!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Both cards are so gorgeous Jessica! Hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Both are fantastic Jess! I really like what you did with the doily. I still haven't given that trend a try yet. I should hop over to my dollar store...if I ever find the time. I love your dandy card. Great idea with the rays!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Courtney Baker said...

Jessic your You're Dandy card is just amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the little butterfly and the use of the rays on the You're Dandy set! :)

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Wow - absolutely beautiful cards!! I included the butterfly card in a round up of my favorite Mother's Day things on Pinterest. I'm your newest follower :)

PaddyBug said...

I love it! I am going to try and make a modified version of this in a future post of mine and it will definitely be linked back here.
Thanks!

bassetting.blogspot.com