Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just My Type

Hello bloggers :) Today I wanted to pop by and share another card I created using Lawn Fawn's Just My Type that will release May 5. If you missed yesterdays creation plus the pretties the DT made no worries you can go here to catch up.

Now to the card...

Isn't this phone just the cutest little thing? I love the fact that you can color it in. So you can stamp it on pattern paper, color it multi-colors, add prints, whatever suits you creative style. For this one I just used my good old crayola color pencils.

I took a closer shot so you can see some of the details I added to my little phone. I cut out the phone handles for dimension and also the dial (I punched each little dial). It was hard to shoot but I also wrote tiny numbers inside the dial.


I love embellies especially the handmade ones. We (crafters) own so many tools that make creating embellies super easy. The one reason I barely use them is because they're time consuming and I don't just want to add it to card that might end up in the trash.

Which leads me to the next point. Today is the National Scrapbooking Day!!! Happy day to all you neighbor friends who love this form of paper crafting :)

Some friends have suggested I become a scrapbooker because of me being too concerned with having my beloved projects thrown away. Have you contemplated it yourself? I've been thinking about it. I'm just horrified of long term projects (same reason why I've never done a quilt). Oh decisions. I won't abandon cardmaking. I'll get more simple (if that's possible). I can't even imagine how some of you girls give away some of your cards I mean they look so pretty it makes me want to frame them. But then again there's just something about giving away of your energy and time. And it reminds me of why I started this journey, really. Maybe I got caught up with the dazzle of the "material" and that in turn made me forget about the the purpose why it's created.

What are your thought on the matter? I'd really like to hear :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white, coral
Stamps: Just My Type, set to be announced ;)
Ink: palette burnt umber
Other: cuttlebug template swiss dots, mini brads, color pencils, exacto craft knife

10 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Hi Jessica! I love creative handmade embellies too. This telephone is great! I like the way the dialed part is popped off! Great dimension!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so DARLING! Love that little tele! Great how you poped the dial up! Cute! :)

Jenny said...

Sooooo adorable!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dawn said...

I really love all of the detail you put into this little masterpiece.

On card giving, I hear you. Here's what I do, I tailor the card to my recipient. If I know it is for someone who will keep it, I go all out. Like my MIL, she actually has little pin up boards that she keeps and displays all of my cards on. If it's for a child, or someone I don't think will keep it, I keep it super simple or one layer.

Other than that I just try not to think about it, and take pleasure in the fact that it fulfilled it's purpose no matter where it ends up.

Ann said...

SO cute! I love the pink and the Swiss Dots!

clouds shadler said...

What a cute card Jessica! I really like the girly colors :) On card giving, well, I don't give much away, I just dunn know that many ppl, lol, but I guess it's up to you, if you feel like you have a ton of cards lying around, it's probably a good thing to start giving them away, hehe, just sayin'

Hugs
Clouds :D

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute Jessica!

Karen B. said...

What a wonderful fabulous and so full of impact card! Its got so much detail! Beautiful coloring and beautiful layering. I scrapbook too and it is for me and my memories, I make cards because it is a bit quicker and you just don't know who might or might not appreciate your work! I do have to say it is a bit sad to see all your hard work thrown in the trash though, especially when you see it in there...

~amy~ said...

LOVE your telephone card! It is sooo much fun!!!!

I've been making an effort to send out RAK's...since I make cards on a daily basis, they tend to stack up...

Winter said...

Oh My! This is adorable! I LOVE the dimension you added! :)