Monday, May 3, 2010

Lawn Fawn: Partly Cloudy Sneak


Happy Tuesday!!! Today the Lawn Fawn Design Team are showing the last sneak peak for this months release and can I add it's one of my personal favorite sets, Partly Cloudy. I chose to use the clouds, sun and sentiment from this one.

Onto some detail shall we... here's a close up shot of the sun rays. To create that glossy effect I used ultra thick clear embossing powder. I've had it for a few years and thought it'd be fun to use with the rays. It's so bubbly looking :)


To create the felt clouds I stamped the cloud onto a piece of scrap and cut out. Then used it as a template. I traced it on my felt and cut out. It's hard to see but the specks on the card around the clouds is actually glitter. It so pretty and shimmery IRL.

To add some pizzaz I ruffled up some of my October Afternoon pp and covered the trim with a felt strip. And to give my little card a sweet finishing touch I added two orange brads. In my opinion it brings balance to the design :)

So there you have it!! Cute trendy and simple-couldn't ask for more ;) Hope you've been inspired. Don't forget to go check out the rest of the Design Team and while you're there leave Kelly a comment for a chance to win this lovely set :)

Be sure to stop by Lawn Fawn tomorrow (Wednesday) at midnight to take a look at the sets in there entirety.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Basic aqua, October Afternoon pp
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Partly Cloudy
Ink: versamark
Other: ultra thick clear embossing powder, felt, brads, white embossing powder

8 comments:

clouds shadler said...

oh Jessica, the sun and clouds on that blue card stock is awesome, luv the CAS look and it;s so cheery!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Brandi said...

I love what you did to accent the sun. Sooo adorable!

Mary J said...

What a gorgeous card, Jessica! If I received this it would put a huge smile on my face!

Lynnette said...

This is amazing! I love the sun and the felt clouds.

liannallama said...

so adorable! What a great set!

Karen B. said...

So very creative and well composed as always!

terisplace said...

Hi Jessica!
I just want you to know your work caught my eye through the peeks on Lawn Fawn's blog. :)
I just want you to know it great! You have a great, approachable style!

Teri

Jennifer said...

Such a cute card! Love the clouds!!