Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lawn Fawn: Bake Me A Cake

Hi and welcome back!! Today Lawn Fawn is sharing the last sneak peak of this months release and let me tell you it is a fun one. Bake Me A Cake is probably one of the most versatile cake stamp sets I've seen. The possibilities are truly endless. You can stamp and color, you can create single layer cakes. Full on wedding cakes or like I did with my card you can simply stamp the cake image onto pp and create funky cake designs.

This card doesn't need much description. Like I mentioned earlier I stamped the cake images onto pp and cut them out. The cake platform I colored with my basic markers. To add detail I stamped the candles and added stickles to the flames. I finished it off with bakers twin.

Very simple and fun :) Make sure you go check out the rest of the Design Team and leave Kelly a comment over at Lawn Fawn blog for a chance to win Bake Me A Cake.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white, farmers market pp
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Bake Me A Cake
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: baker twine, stickles, marker, foam adhesive

7 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

these new releases are too cute. love the card and your CAS design!

Karen B. said...

Loved this card on the Lawn Fawn blog, for its simplicity and wow-ness factor.

Brandi said...

Cute!!!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Jessica!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful CAS design. Super birthday card.

Amanda Winkelman said...

This card is so adorable! Love that polka dot cake! It was my favorite cake card on the release post for the stamp set, so I had to bop on by your blog to see who made it! Super cute! You do amazing work!

Laural-Lee said...

Such a sweet looking cake. Love the blue and paper piecing. The stickles were a great touch. Hope you are having a fun time where ever you are Jess. Sorry I haven't been by much. Life has gotten busy.