Monday, March 21, 2011

Some Sweet & Unusual Things

Good Day!!! 
It's good to be back. Honestly, I've missed you all so much :) It's been pretty busy around the Rosario family's house. Not to mention a bit unusual. First of all look at this image from my window. You'd think this is some 3 months ago but no this is our first day of spring (yesterday)!! It never snows where we are at let alone on the first day of spring. However, we are enjoying the coziness and the opportunity to once again bring out some of our favorite winter recipes. From sweet sticky rolls to potato soup. Ha, who would've thought all this on the first day of spring :) 


Another odd and yet wonderful thing is the adoption of our sweet Keah. The little kitty was a feral cat and was at the Humane Society for nearly 4 months. They don't usually keep them that long but since this princess was so gentle and loving they decided to keep her just a bit longer. I'm so happy they did...  My husband is kind enough to give me a sort of free day almost weekly where he takes care of the house (food, dishes, laundry, our daughter, literally the house) and on one of those days I decided to go to the Animal Shelter. To my surprise (I say this because I'm not a natural cat lover or so I thought) I saw this sweet kitty. The moment I petted her it was love at once. I immediately filled out the adoption papers just to put her on hold I still had to ask my husband if it was ok to have an indoor cat. Now he is definitely not a cat person so I was a bit worried about asking but what to do? I already had all the paper work filled out! So I began my appeal...  Fortunately it didn't take long. The next day everyone was anxious to go meet Keah. I new they (husband & daughter) would not be disappointed once they met her... 


Aren't her eyes simply gorgeous!! She's nine months old and full of curiosity. Needless to say she's our spoiled kitty. Everyone's happy she's here especially me ;) As for my puppy Mia. We ended up leaving her with my sister and mom since they took care of her for the most part of her puppyhood. We thought it was the best and most fair thing to do. Fortunately we get to see her and spoil her too :) 

I love how things that aren't necessarily planned turn out usually for the best. I guess it's the "lens" through which we view it. 

Have a great day!! I still hope for some shinny warm weather but for now I'll pull out my snuggly hot tea and the latest Paper Craft magazine and enjoy another winterish day ;) 

Hugs,
Jessica



2 comments:

Brandi said...

The eyes on that kitty are so gorgeous! Congrats on your new addition. It is snowing here as well, yuck! Stay warm!

Lynnette said...

Awww, She's gorgeous. Love the new addition to your family, no wonder your heart melted the minute you met her. Her eyes are amazing. Enjoy spoiling your new baby :)