Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You're So Kind


Hi.

I just wanted to pop in quickly and share a card I made for some sweet friends of ours. They were so kind in letting us stay at their place on such short notice. I was in between travels so I had no time to prepare something super fancy but then again is it always necessary? 


I love the simplicity of this card and how beautifully (personal opinion) it conveys the message. The best thing is how quickly it all came together. Don't you just love when that happens?! 


Anyhow a little secret here... the "tree" is a leaf I collected last fall. I've been using it ever since as a template. The possibilities are endless... gather all sorts of pattern paper and the end result a forest of colors in all sizes and shapes. The "tree trunk" is an old pine needle I found along a trail. I'm sure a toothpick would work just as good. I love texture on  my cards because it gives them so much dimension and character without over doing it :) 


Well I'm off to care for my child and rush all my home duties in order to get crafty later this afternoon.


Thanks for coming by and please feel free to share any tips or things you do to add character to your projects. I can always use ideas ;) 


Hugs,
Jessica

3 comments:

Brandi said...

This is awesome! Love the leaf turned tree.

Shabby Horse said...

Super cute! TFS

Lynnette said...

Love this card, great ideas for using things around the house to add to your cards. My wheels will be turning