Friday, April 29, 2011

A Life Long Stitch

 Hello.


It's been a few days since I've been around. I went on an impromptu trip to Oregon on one of my husbands business trip. It was fun but very tiering especially when done with a 4 year old (she's an awesome traveler).


Any how I have been creating more projects/cards for mother's day and today I wanted to share one of them which I also created for the Moxie Fab World: Tissue Paper Magic. It's amazing how simple it is to incorporate tissue paper in projects once your minds been challenged. 


This card is a sweet super girly card. I used the tissue paper as a frame. Because I was going to do some stitching and because I'm not good at it I thought making it the theme of the card was the way to go. So I incorporated elements that were fitting (buttons, thread spools, sentiment).


Over all I love this card because of the different textures (the sentiment is embossed white) and color palette. If you look closely the spools have real thread around them which gives it such a natural touchy look.


Thanks for coming by. I have a few more cards/project I created with tissue paper. But I'll share those with you some other time. Bye, bye for now :) 

Hugs,
Jessica

5 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the use of tissue papers, Jessica! This is so awesome! :)

Courtney K said...

love how you used the tissue paper for a frame - gives a cool dimensional look.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just beautiful! I love the doily with the patterned center!

lostinpaper said...

Your tissue paper background in just fab! What a beautiful card.

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks again linking up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)