Monday, May 30, 2011

Heureux Day

Hello.

I hope you all had a wonderful memorial day weekend. It's amazing how much our nation has gone through in order to keep the freedoms we so much enjoy.

Today I want to share a card I created for the Embellish Text Challenge. Lately I've been experimenting with my very own handwriting. It can be a bit intimidating because of all the wonderful fonts out there. But still there's nothing like a handwritten detail. This card has just that a tiny detail. I stamped the sentiment using Cavallini Papers & Co. alphabet stamps and then wrote the word "heureux" which means happy in french with zig millennium pen 01. 


Here's the complete card. I thought of adding some embellishments but then decided to allow the sentiment to be the focal point of this card.


Over all it's a simple, fun and easy card to create. Thanks for coming by. I'm off to enjoy the sun :) 

Heureux day!!
Jessica

5 comments:

Sarah Martina said...

Hi sweet Jessica. :) This is such a creative way to incorporate your OWN text into your card... I love it! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends challenge!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is such an awesome card! I love the stamped text combined with your handwriting (which is so pretty)! Great job with the colors! It makes a an awesome father's day card!

Cristina said...

This is so cool, and I love how you used the colors. Your blog -- and your work -- is awesome (I've been admiring a lot of your stuff lately). Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

Meg said...

If I had handwriting like yours, I'd never download another font! Great card!

lostinpaper said...

Such an elegant CAS card! Love that you included your own handwriting!