Monday, May 9, 2011

Sending You Warm Wishes

Hello.

Hope you had a fabulous mothers day!!! Mine was simply lovely. I was able to celebrate with my two greatest gifts of all my husband and sweet daughter and as a plus I received {this} very pretty fragrance from Lolia 


It's been quiet around here lately. I haven't forgotten you I've been working on home projects, homeschooling, etc., you all know how it goes. I love it when it's time to sit at the table and work on cards or anything crafty. So for today I have a few more attempts at the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. Today is the last day so you have a couple of more hours to give this challenge a try :) 

First up is one of my favorites cards. I sent it out to my husbands aunt for mothers day. To create it I used PTI's Up, Up & Away balloon and cloud and Hero Arts mega sentiment. I stamped the hot air balloon and then took tissue paper (single sheet) with a bowl of water beside me and created strands. I then adhered them to the balloon and cut it out. Because tissue paper was the star of the occasion I created a ruffle to bring my card oh so beautifully together (at least in my sight). 


Here's a close up of the strands on the hot air balloon. The overall effect is quite pretty and the texture is lovely.


Next up is a flower hair clip I made for my daughter. I used 5 layers of tissue paper. I stamped the upper sheet and then cut out petals. I glued all the sheets together to create one thick sheet and then used mod podge on every petal twice. I did the same for the leaves. I finished off with a chrome colored pearl. 



This is how it looks on the back. Very clean and very easy to use.


Last tissue paper project for this challenge (I'm working on other projects) is of course a tutu. My little girl has two of these around the house. They are loved and used daily. So I used my daughters little tutu as an inspiration for this sweet welcome baby card. To create it I stamped my baby onsie image and then over it I layered 12 single tissue paper petals. I then used one of my left over strands from my hot air balloon and used it as a band. I finished off by adding an orange flower brad. To bring it all together I finished off by stamping the sentiment using the same orange as the flower and creating a faux stitch and some distressing. 


Hope you found some inspiration. I have some more cards I've created but I'll share those with you another time. Thanks for coming by and for all your sweet comments on my previous posts :) 


Hugs,
Jessica 

2 comments:

bosenberries said...

Wow.. these are all so beautiful and clever!!
Robin

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks once again for linking up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm glad you found it to be so inspiring! :)